Feeds

OKey . here we go . i installed a clean 4.1.13 beta 2 on the same server and tested
the rss function and all working the way it should . also installed your app and worked
just fine to . so i agree with you something on my live site is f....d up . but ips support
is on it....  got it to work as a cms page and also worked in the app feed page ..

So i can say now this is a awesome app and just shame my site screwed ... but i will
come back and let you know what was wrong on my live site .... 

Cheers *Thumbs Up for the app*

2016-07-03_22-20-18.png

2016-07-03_22-20-48.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chris59 said:

Is there a way to truncate the text for better line up on a cms page ?? if no 
i would like have this as a suggest .. ^_^

That's unfortunately outside the scope of this modification. That said, it can be achieved with a quick edit to the 'Category Articles' template in use(check the database settings to be sure which template group is in use).

In the 'entry' template of the template group in use, find:

<section class='ipsType_normal ipsType_richText ipsType_break ipsSpacer_bottom' data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='7 lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='remove'>

Adjust the data-ipsTruncate-size='7 lines' part as desired.

Back again :lol:

Now am little confused bc i looked at my testsite and upgraded it to 4.1.13 and for a while the feed page
looked alot better then i see before. maked some changed to theme on test site and then what i see was gone..
i did a photoshopped what i see and how its look now so you understand what i talking about..:)

I see the categorys on top and the subcategorys was lined up in 3 rows. (i guees its the way it should show up)
but never see it before on my livesite ..... the way it should look is pic 22.png right ?? if so what template i have
to edit to make it look like pic 22.png .. pic 11.png is how its look now ??? Hope my english make sense lol :)

11.png

22.png

8 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

Back again :lol:

Now am little confused bc i looked at my testsite and upgraded it to 4.1.13 and for a while the feed page
looked alot better then i see before. maked some changed to theme on test site and then what i see was gone..
i did a photoshopped what i see and how its look now so you understand what i talking about..:)

I see the categorys on top and the subcategorys was lined up in 3 rows. (i guees its the way it should show up)
but never see it before on my livesite ..... the way it should look is pic 22.png right ?? if so what template i have
to edit to make it look like pic 22.png .. pic 11.png is how its look now ??? Hope my english make sense lol ^_^

11.png

22.png

Edit the theme setting labeled 'Feeds Layout' and change it from 'List' to 'Grid'.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i am thinking about purchasing. I tried RSS import from default IPB but it is not satisfying.

When applying a RSS feed for a YouTube channel, what does it actually post in the newly created topic?

I need it to post the Title of video and also inserting the youtube URL to the video so that it automatically creates a video in the IPB topic. 

is that possible? 

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can I import RSS feeds from another IPS 4.x forum into my IPS 4.x forum? My current situation is confusing; I can't import an RSS feed - it just says:

That is not a valid RSS or Atom feed.

I also can't view the RSS feed that I attempt to import as a guest nor do I see anywhere to configure that. Would I be able to do this with this plugin?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/21/2017 at 5:58 PM, Jarrett McBride said:

Is there a way to select an image automatically as the article image? I hate having blank articles.

Hi Jarrett,

I don't have the answer to your question but maybe you have one to mine:

Are you using this on ips 4.1.18.2?

If so, does it work properly? aside from articles image.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just purchased the application and installed it.  I'm able to import the RSS feed, but is there a way to map a RSS field to a specific pages field?  

For example, I would like to have the <description> RSS field mapped to a "Teaser" field within the pages database. 

One of my biggest challenges is getting a teaser image for the posts.  For example:

https://www.stsf.net/news-test/

If I could map a RSS field with a teaser image URL, I could modify the pages template to display that external image URL instead.  

Thanks!

I have a couple of import feeds set to go to forum posts.  Everything seems to bet set up properly and the posts content is generated as expected.  However, the post authors are not the correct ones that are listed in the ACP.   Anyone encounter anything like this before?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-18 at 7:25 PM, Randy Calvert said:

I just purchased the application and installed it.  I'm able to import the RSS feed, but is there a way to map a RSS field to a specific pages field?  

For example, I would like to have the <description> RSS field mapped to a "Teaser" field within the pages database. 

One of my biggest challenges is getting a teaser image for the posts.  For example:

https://www.stsf.net/news-test/

If I could map a RSS field with a teaser image URL, I could modify the pages template to display that external image URL instead.  

Thanks!

The possibility of mapping rss fields to page record feeds would be awesome, still this app development is likely dead.

For the people who renew this app, like me, we expected to see decent progress, as the initial fee was relatively expensive ($40) regarding to its features. This app has progressed very little since its release, it wasn't updated for more than the last 6 months, which shows that the developer is not really comitted to this app.

Now that @InvisionHQ now took control of the classifieds App, and i am afraid things are going further south, with him being spread thin to lots of apps, with some of them already being left behind, so i guess this won't improve.

Try to suggest a new feature can be more useful instead make useless betting on the sad future of the app.

From February to May I only sold 1 FEEDS app.

This means that with 25$ (not 40$, I immediately lowered the cost of the app due to the little interest on it) is the budget for the new 4.2 release.

Post as yours do nothing but diminish even more the interest for this app and my interest in continuing to develop new features.

If you  are not happy with this app renew, I can refund your 10$ (not 20$) without problem.

Archived