Is 4.0.4 reasonably stable?

arbee

Is 4.0.4 (current version) reasonably stable to upgrade from 3.4.6?  Or should most people wait a bit more before upgrading?

​It's almost stable you can go with it.However new version 4.0.5 is coming tomorrow i suggest you to wait for it.

​It's almost stable you can go with it.However new version 4.0.5 is coming tomorrow i suggest you to wait for it.

​That's got the permission fix I reported in it for limited access to forums etc. I use it fine :)

Is 4.0.4 (current version) reasonably stable to upgrade from 3.4.6?  Or should most people wait a bit more before upgrading?

​The definition of stable can vary wildly and truly depends on how comfortable you are in adopting a rather new product.  I can tell you that if you're asking your question for 'most people,' you're probably in the group that should patiently wait until the public announcements.  

Thanks for the replies guys.  I'm considering upgrading my forum: http://forum.electricunicycle.org/

The main two reason is the ability to tag people in comments (kind of like Facebook Groups) and the fixing of the "SEO punishment" problem due to being "not mobile friendly" according to Google with 3.4.x

If most of the functions works (including Facebook logins) without any irreversible corruption to the database after migration then I think I'll switch over when 4.0.5 is released.  Does anyone think this is a reasonably safe assumption?

@arrbee

Type character @ following the username

Unfortunately it's not working with your username

​I already tried that since that's how Facebook does it.  I wonder why it works with you and not me or anyone tagging me?  Do the people you tag have to be "friended" first on IPS4?

In my test with 4.0.4 and after all background tasks are completed, although it does not have the speed of 3.4.7, its very fast comparing to the first's releases of IPS4.

Till now, i also don't have those random very long slow page load.

I think we are going in the right direction.

​There still a lot of stuff they are adding, I would wait till 4.1 as there stuff in the feature list I would want. As many things have been taking out, they be putting stuff back and 4.1 is when things will be coming back in some way.

Problem is waiting for 4.1 if things are like they are currently they might need to wait for 4.1.5 which might be another year considering the length of time it's taken to get here. 

​We've already waited two years.  What's another year of our life?  

On a serious note, my projection is that IPS won't go to 4.1 until all of the big bugs have been worked out, search works, and performance is good.  Once they start adding in new features, that's probably a good indicator that the framework and base code is highly stable.  

Test @Misi

Is that tagged?  I assume not because "nothing happened".
Also you spelled my username wrong.  Can you try again to me?

​@arbee : Your name isn't popping up.

My name isn't tagged.

On a serious note, my projection is that IPS won't go to 4.1 until all of the big bugs have been worked out, search works, and performance is good.  Once they start adding in new features, that's probably a good indicator that the framework and base code is highly stable.  

​Are there important commonly used features in 3.4.7 that are missing in 4.0.4 or 4.0.5?

​Bingo!

Archived