Any way to disable showing subforums for particular forums on the forum index?

Vikestart

I have an archive forum that is set to be read-only. Sometimes I'll be moving entire forum sections into it (Q&A forums mostly).

Is there any way to disable the displaying of subforums on the forum index? That list will eventually get pretty long and I don't want that.. :rofl:

I've taken care of this with custom CSS for now, but it's not at all an elegant solution.

.ipsApp_front .cForumRow .ipsDataItem_subList { display:none; }

​.

You can do it with adjusting the template ..

forums > front > index > forumRow

find this & delete the total block ..

Another way is to add a forumID to the IF statement that it only skip on that forum with subforums ..

{{if $forum->hasChildren()}}
	<ul class="ipsDataItem_subList ipsList_inline">
		{{foreach $forum->children() as $subforum}}
			<li class="{{if \IPS\forums\Topic::containerUnread( $subforum )}}ipsDataItem_unread{{endif}}">
				<a href="{$subforum->url()}">{{if \IPS\forums\Topic::containerUnread( $subforum )}}<span class='ipsItemStatus ipsItemStatus_tiny {{if !\IPS\forums\Topic::containerUnread( $subforum ) && !$subforum->redirect_on}}ipsItemStatus_read{{endif}}'><i class="fa fa-circle"></i></span>&nbsp;{{endif}}{$subforum->_title}</a>
			</li>
		{{endforeach}}
	</ul>
{{endif}}

Maybe another idea is to make a sub-sub forum .. name the first sub forum Archive .. and I guess it will only display that .. not the sub-sub forums under Archive Edit: This works .. Category name > Forum name > Sub Forum name "Archive" > Sub sub forum Q&A1 .. Q&A2 .. etc ..

Only Archive will be displayed ..

Archived