Automated Bounce Email Handling

querschlaeger

Hello,

xenForo has a really cool feature: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/automated-bounce-email-handling.78137/

It automatically checks for Mail delivery failed messages of users. If a mailbox becomes invalid it will stop sending future mails to this users and change the user group.

Does IPS also have a bounce email handling?

​.

Bounce integration no .. There are some member filters for bulk mailing to grab only the members with recent activity (alive & validated emails) ..

Mandrill integration .. and they do keep track of bounces with settings .. but further manual handling must be done (if really needed) ..

Support departments will get the bounces back in the right department setup .. so there it can be handled directly ..

• 9 months later...
On February 26, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Square Wheels said:

It would be great if automatic bouncing could be built into IPS.  I have about 10,000 members, and whenever I send a bulk email (maybe once or twice a year), I get hundreds of bounces.

Yes! It should be like Xenforo, built in feature! For any community email is very important and higher bounce rate means more chances to have a domain black listed as spamer.

On 2/26/2016 at 1:54 AM, Square Wheels said:

It would be great if automatic bouncing could be built into IPS.  I have about 10,000 members, and whenever I send a bulk email (maybe once or twice a year), I get hundreds of bounces.

I agree.

On 2/26/2016 at 9:44 PM, ZeroHour said:

Thats the v4 version but Mandrill just literally changed their whole pricing structure so many of us are looking to move:

Fully aware of those options - but not using Mandrill (anymore).

• 11 months later...

I want to add my +1.  When a member signs up for email notifications and then unplugs their email account and disappears, I'd like to see email sending to them turned off going forward, and a notice pop up if they ever log in again, telilng them that they have to re-confirm their email account (for hard bounces only).  Otherwise, I might have to just turn off the ability of people to get email notifications in order to protect my IP reputation.

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:45 AM, kbandrews said:

I want to add my +1.  When a member signs up for email notifications and then unplugs their email account and disappears, I'd like to see email sending to them turned off going forward, and a notice pop up if they ever log in again, telilng them that they have to re-confirm their email account (for hard bounces only).  Otherwise, I might have to just turn off the ability of people to get email notifications in order to protect my IP reputation.

I appreciate you may be looking for something built-in, but I just wanted to let you know that

already does most of this.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Well my community just got permanetely BLOCKED by germany's largest ISP "Deutsche Telekom" for sending out mails to a so called Spam Trap.

I do not bother my users often with mails and since there's no bounce management in IPS I got blocked for mailing a recycled spam trap. They won't unblock me until i "clean up my data" - which I cannot do because I do not know what defunct email address has become the spamtrap.

On 3/1/2016 at 2:52 AM, Lindy said:

We're going to incorporate something like this into the suite at some point. 

a few more days and it's 2019... Is this ever going to happen?

32 minutes ago, DReffects2 said:

Well my community just got permanetely BLOCKED by germany's largest ISP "Deutsche Telekom" for sending out mails to a so called Spam Trap.

I do not bother my users often with mails and since there's no bounce management in IPS I got blocked for mailing a recycled spam trap. They won't unblock me until i "clean up my data" - which I cannot do because I do not know what defunct email address has become the spamtrap.

a few more days and it's 2019... Is this ever going to happen?

You should be using mail bouncer and one of the compatible mail handlers.

Archived