Why my IPB website isn't adapted to mobiles ?

Well, I have followed the instructions on the page provided by Storyteller. Thank you very much (thank to Marius also).

But there is still a problem, according to the mobile test page :result-ipb.thumb.gif.0de95c3cc19ec6c257a

This is strange, since that skin is the default ipb skin.

But :

• Illsible text, too small.
  • Links too close
  • mobile windows not configured (not sure for the translation)
  • Content larger than the scree,

Hello pisaldi,

I'm the author.

It's the 3.4.6.

And I don't remember any change I could have done, since it's the default IPB skin. I changed the logo, that's all.

If you look at the screenshot above, what you see is the skin for home computer. Not the mobile skin. So, why the mobile skin isn't detected and automaticaly used for the test ?

v3.4 versions and mobile are a problem... mine weren't able to access as mobile without the normal skin not the mobile one (original!)... but nowadays with the original skin and v4 this has been solved and I haven't had any problem accessing from mobile...

Your site 

Well, I have followed the instructions on the page provided by Storyteller.

​You must have something wrong, because Google doesn’t pick up the mobile style. I just tried again. 

But anyway: you are also using IP.Content I believe and you won’t get it working in the mobile skin easily. It’s best to move on to 4.0 in the next weeks/months rather than trying to get your 3.4 site mobile-friendly. 

First of all, I think you're overreacting to Google's "Mobilegeddon."  Not having a mobile responsive website is NOT going to kill your rankings any worse than what they are, and the mobile-friendly tag is only available to users searching google on their mobile devices.  (If someone is using a PC to search for your website, your website's rankings will stay the same.)

With that said, you're using IP.Content like me.  And IP.Content in 3.4 will not display well in mobile.  But letting that be your ONLY reason to upgrade to IPS 4 is a very knee jerk reaction, since upgrading to a new version is a big decision with many other factors. 

Thank you for your reply, dear Joel R.

I wonder if you dont overreact to my topic, since I didn't write I'm afraid by my ranking. I even wrote I don't want my job to turn around google. But it doesn't matter.

Well, I'm not sure that upgrade to a new version is a big decision, since it's ineluctable anyway. But there are other factors for me to upgrade soon, for instance, may be I won't have internet at home for some weeks... So keep calm, and stay in yourself  :)

Archived