Does anybody else use IPS4 on mobile/tablet?

Kirill N

...if so, do you have issues with editor?

For me, half of the time the editor will either not load, or won't let you type and you have to reload the page. It even happens on desktop sometimes even though it's much less noticeable.

​.

yes .. there is a lag .. depends a bit on your browser, caching, phone/tablet specs ..

I guess improvements will be made later on .. I do hope so ..

For me, half of the time the editor will either not load, or won't let you type and you have to reload the page. It even happens on desktop sometimes even though it's much less noticeable.

​I have the same information from my forum members. Well I had. Because I have no forum members anymore because they got sick and tired of bugs... 

Thanks @IN10TION

If anybody else is having these issues please post here. I'm going to open a support ticket and link IPS to this topic, otherwise I'm afraid it won't get resolved again because they can't reproduce.

Hey @daveoh I remember you had something similar.

1. Editor doesn't always load, need to refresh the page on iPad, seems to be fine on iPhone 6 after the last few updates

2. On both the editor sometimes loads the full toolbar buttons, ignoring what you have setup in the admin panel. 

3. iPad in landscape mode when you open the editor and tap inside it can take you back to the previous page if you don't tap inside the focus area. "Go to topic listing" link is triggered instead. 

3a. Mobile portrait mode toggles notify me of replies on or opens up the media folder.

4. Can take multiple taps to get the cursor to even show.

5. Lag whilst typing, feels so slow typing long messages.

All issues now are editor related, everyone loves the new layout, just massive frustrations with the editor. 

I opened a bug report and support ticket for 3, was told this was a CKeditor bug.

Would be nice if on opening the editor the keyboard automatically popped up and you could type straight away.

I've seen the topics on here calling for a new editor, I have no idea if it's any better, I do know this one in it's current state is awful 

I don't post much on here so rarely open the editor, I did open it a few times after I saw 4.0.3 was running and still have the 3,4,5 issues.

I've had another reply on my ticket saying cannot reproduce using an iOS simulator and will get hold of an iPad, won't hear anything till next week. Heres hoping they can fix, my advice to members has been use the desktop site, problem is a lot only have mobiles and iPads. Usually use an iPad myself for my forum but stopped using it. 

I find myself using my tablet/phone more often now that my site is running 4.0.2.  I havn't had much issues with the editor myself on my site, but here on IPS's site............

My biggest issues on 4 (concerning performance) are profile lag, and ACP lag (mostly pages and third party apps).  But that lag is not mobile specific, it affects all layouts, even PC.

Archived