Global Sidebar & Sidebar Ads (Different Issues)

RazorSEdge

On 3.4.x we could simply go to the ACP and move the hook up/down where we wanted the sidebar ad placed in comparison to the other blocks.  However, I cannot find a setting on IP4 to do something similar.  When sidebar ads are shown they are right at the top, we would rather move the sidebar ad down towards the middle or bottom of the sidebar, or would it just be easier to make a custom html block, set the permissions on it and place the block where I want?

Global Sidebars - where is the settings for this?  I cannot find Global sidebar settings anymore in 4.0.2.

Thank you in advance for your help!

On 3.4.x we could simply go to the ACP and move the hook up/down where we wanted the sidebar ad placed in comparison to the other blocks.  However, I cannot find a setting on IP4 to do something similar.  When sidebar ads are shown they are right at the top, we would rather move the sidebar ad down towards the middle or bottom of the sidebar, or would it just be easier to make a custom html block, set the permissions on it and place the block where I want?

Global Sidebars - where is the settings for this?  I cannot find Global sidebar settings anymore in 4.0.2.

Thank you in advance for your help!

​.

some doc .. tags for your adds are the answer .. those tags go in your custom template .. that gives you endless possibilities ..

http://community.invisionpower.com/4docs/advanced-usage/custom-advertisement-locations-r88/

​.

some doc .. tags for your adds are the answer .. those tags go in your custom template .. that gives you endless possibilities ..

http://community.invisionpower.com/4docs/advanced-usage/custom-advertisement-locations-r88/

​I ended up having to make a custom block and putting the code in.  There is an issue with using "custom locations".  I noticed that if you select "custom locations" it also inserts that code into the header ad location as well, whether or not you acutally place the ad somewhere using {advertisement=key}.

I made a bug report but originally thought that the header spot wasnt honoring perms, trying to update my bug report but the CKEditor gives me the spinning wheel of death. :/

​I ended up having to make a custom block and putting the code in.  There is an issue with using "custom locations".  I noticed that if you select "custom locations" it also inserts that code into the header ad location as well, whether or not you acutally place the ad somewhere using {advertisement=key}.

I made a bug report but originally thought that the header spot wasnt honoring perms, trying to update my bug report but the CKEditor gives me the spinning wheel of death. :/

​.

I've tried it also .. but no issues, moved that tag everywhere .. maybe you have more ads with a same key name ? .. or maybe a tag leftover in your templates ?

​.

I've tried it also .. but no issues, moved that tag everywhere .. maybe you have more ads with a same key name ? .. or maybe a tag leftover in your templates ?

​I started with all fresh ad codes since I just switched to responsive adsense codes.

Created 3 separate ads for each location.

Header - Footer - Custom (to use key)

Whenever the Custom one is active in the ACP it inserts into header and where ever key is located.

Placing just the ad code in an hmtl block and placing block bypasses that issue.

HOWEVER - I just also noticed this http://community.invisionpower.com/4docs/knowledgebase/402-advertisements-show-in-wrong-locations-in-402-r113/ which should resolve the issue as well.  

Thank you for your help on this stuff.

Anyone?  Global/Suite Sidebar?  I really need to find this setting, I cannot for the life of me find it.

Thank you in advance

-cdavbar

​.

I think there is none .. it's all become the "Block Manager" .. grab & drop ..

the only global I can see is the setting left or right sidebar & show sidebar on mobile slider ..

​.

I think there is none .. it's all become the "Block Manager" .. grab & drop ..

the only global I can see is the setting left or right sidebar & show sidebar on mobile slider ..

​So the IP4 Documentation is already out of date? :)

Editing is carried out inline from the front-end, rather than the ACP, and can be customized based on the application, module or individual view.

:(  I am either reading it wrong, or, it doesn't work like this.  Based on application to me sounds like create 1 sidebar to be shown across all application pages (i.e. ip.Board).  I know there were more settings in earlier versions, but its been a minute and things change quickly during beta's and RC's.  

Going through setting up the side bar for each forum, sub forum, ect., etc., it was easier to hardcode in 3.4.x than to use the drag and drop in 4 since its not truly global.

Archived