How to create albums in Gallery?

Kirill N

First step is, do you have categories setup on your Gallery? If you do, you just have to click the "Add Images" button and it will walk you through creating an album because you need an album to add an image ;) . If you do not have categories setup, you will need to set those up in the ACP :) 

First step is, do you have categories setup on your Gallery? If you do, you just have to click the "Add Images" button and it will walk you through creating an album because you need an album to add an image ;) . If you do not have categories setup, you will need to set those up in the ACP :) 

​I just did that and it adds the images directly into the category without any albums.

Sorry, my bad it's early :) . For IPS4, to create an album after you add your image you will see a button on the image information screen (see screenshot). The Category setting "Allow Albums" must be enabled for it as well.

album-create.thumb.PNG.cbdf31391f730698f

Also, you need to set permissions for groups that can create Albums... Go to Members - Groups - Edit (for the group that should be able to create albums), go to tab Gallery and check that that group can create Albums. Otherwise, you won't see the button in the screenshot.

I was having the same problem until I came across Tanja's post.

Here is a collection of all the different places I went looking in the Admin Control Panel (ACP!)

• System > Site Features > Applications
    • Gallery Permissions (via the lock button)
  • Community > Gallery > Categories
    • Click on the Edit button (pencil button) next to a category)
    • Make sure "Allow Albums" is checked
  • Members > Members > Groups
    • Click on Permissions (the lock button)
    • Click on the Gallery tab
  • Members > Members > Groups
    • Click on Edit (the pencil button)
    • Click on the Gallery tab
    • Check your settings in the 'Album Restrictions' section

Of course, it ended up being the last place I looked! (Thanks again Tanja!) It seems odd to me that even administrators don't have this permission by default.

Yup, I was having the same problem a long time ago, since preview releases. Since then, I know the procedure by heart :D Interesting how for such a simple feature you need an instruction manual, but what can we do other than help each other out :)

Archived