Location of Display Name is confusing to members

Christophe

I am starting to have many emails from members asking me to change their Display Name as they can t find it in their Edit Profile

I think the current location of the Display name functionality is not intuitive

Could you add an option in the Edit profile to edit the display name

It would be more user friendly to see it on top of the Edit Profile model window instead of hidden in the Account Settings

I am starting to have many emails from members asking me to change their Display Name as they can t find it in their Edit Profile

I think the current location of the Display name functionality is not intuitive

Could you add an option in the Edit profile to edit the display name

It would be more user friendly to see it on top of the Edit Profile model window instead of hidden in the Account Settings

​.

2015-04-27_0-35-13.thumb.png.5a759d3bbe8

If you like to do it this way .. I can't find a way to add it in the profile edit popup ..

Templates >

Core > Front > Profile > profileHeader

You will see something like this :

<li>
    <a href='{url="app=core&module=members&controller=profile&do=edit&id={$member->member_id}" base="front" seoTemplate="edit_profile" seoTitle="$member->members_seo_name"}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_overlaid' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-modal='true' data-ipsDialog-title='{lang="profile_edit"}'>
    <i class='fa fa-pencil'></i>&nbsp;<span class='ipsResponsive_hidePhone ipsResponsive_inline'>&nbsp;&nbsp;{lang="profile_edit"}</span>
    </a>
</li>

Add the one on top ..

<li>
    <a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=settings&area=username" base="front" seoTemplate="settings_username" seoTitle="$member->members_seo_name"}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_overlaid'>
    <i class='fa fa-user'></i>&nbsp;<span class='ipsResponsive_hidePhone ipsResponsive_inline'>&nbsp;&nbsp;{lang="username"}</span>
    </a>
</li>
<li>
    <a href='{url="app=core&module=members&controller=profile&do=edit&id={$member->member_id}" base="front" seoTemplate="edit_profile" seoTitle="$member->members_seo_name"}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_overlaid' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-modal='true' data-ipsDialog-title='{lang="profile_edit"}'>
    <i class='fa fa-pencil'></i>&nbsp;<span class='ipsResponsive_hidePhone ipsResponsive_inline'>&nbsp;&nbsp;{lang="profile_edit"}</span>
    </a>
</li>

Archived