IP.Connect group syncing PLEASE, so our premium groups can be cross-site

chilihead

This would be so beneficial. Say we have two sites and the premium membership has benefits on both. But if they are signed in on the second site they are in the members group.

There should be a group syncing option where you map the groups you want synced. So in IP.Connect you map Premium A to Premium B, so they are logged in and in Premium on both sites. It would need to check daily though, so when A expires and they are in members, the mapping detects this and they are in members on site B as well.

This could work if you sell the premiums on one site with access to both and would be VERY beneficial!!! I believe it would also work if you sell memberships on both sites (as long as they didn't buy two, but once synced after the first, I believe you could deny the second purchase). But if it only worked with one site being the "parent" I'd be good with that too. As long as we can get group syncing in some way. Thanks!

This would be so beneficial. Say we have two sites and the premium membership has benefits on both. But if they are signed in on the second site they are in the members group.

There should be a group syncing option where you map the groups you want synced. So in IP.Connect you map Premium A to Premium B, so they are logged in and in Premium on both sites. It would need to check daily though, so when A expires and they are in members, the mapping detects this and they are in members on site B as well.

This could work if you sell the premiums on one site with access to both and would be VERY beneficial!!! I believe it would also work if you sell memberships on both sites (as long as they didn't buy two, but once synced after the first, I believe you could deny the second purchase). But if it only worked with one site being the "parent" I'd be good with that too. As long as we can get group syncing in some way. Thanks!

​I use IPS Connect too and this one would be very useful because i have multiple group for member(member and member + (user with more than 100post) with custom color etc) and when they are logged on the slave installation these member are still in the default group and i can't solve this problem because member are promoted thanks to their activity (number of post) and post count are not propagated to other slave install.

Especially since now you don't need to have a forum with core. It is sorely needed for one of my sites where I have plans to use Pages to create a jobs database, and have the other site be the forum. I want one subscription for this, but it is two domains.

It seems mapping could solve this where we map the groups we want and duplicate/create their features and permissions as we see fit. Then in case it is a group that expires (or can be promoted), a task could check for that, and then re-sync based on the mapping.

I would like to see this for no other reason than the fact the group synch on this site is still a custom hook means it is still prone to breakage on major versions. It is something that would see heavy use, and.... IPS themselves would use it.

Yeah exactly.

Can anyone in IPS chime in?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since IPS does this with the invisionpower website and the community sub-domain, and purchases are linked to the Client usergroup (and when a license expires, they are removed from Clients), I'd like to know how they do it. Could IPS release a tutorial or mod? What you do is exactly what we need in our communities so purchases (memberships in this case) are tied to groups cross-site. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived