Auto Welcome Support

On 07/08/2017 at 3:41 PM, Netherlord said:

I'm unable to save settings!

EX4096 Something went wrong. Please try again.

ErrorException: Object of class IPS\Member could not be converted to string (4096)
#0 /home/*/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(394): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(4096, 'Object of class...', '/home/*...', 394, Array)
#1 /home/*/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `core_sy...', Array)
#2 /home/*/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(701): IPS\_Db->update('`core_sys_conf_...', '`conf_value`=(?...', 'WHERE conf_key=...')
#3 /home/*/public_html/applications/autowelcome/modules/admin/settings/settings.php(126): IPS\Helpers\_Form->saveAsSettings(Array)
#4 /home/*/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\autowelcome\modules\admin\settings\_settings->manage()
#5 /home/*/public_html/applications/autowelcome/modules/admin/settings/settings.php(30): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/*/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\autowelcome\modules\admin\settings\_settings->execute()
#7 /home/*/public_html/**/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

re-install fixed it!

Hi, 
I have the very same problem as above... except that reinstalling it again and again doesn't fix it :(

I used a previous version of autowelcome with IPB 3 before upgrading to IPS 4. It is not in the "Out of date applications" so, I thought it was uninstalled, but maybe not properly enough?
Thanks for your app & for your help.

Edit. I forgot to add the basic information, sorry. I run IPS 4.2.4 and installed Auto Welcome 2.5.0. I tried disabling other plugins & apps (I use a couple of them, including Chatbox) without result. I have a clean test install, synchronised with the active website but cleaned from all useless old IPB3 files, same problem. Apparently despite the EX4096 error when saving the settings, they are actually saved if I load the settings page again. I also rechecked the error message and it's very close to the above from Netherlord, but there is one more line (see below). Thanks again.

ErrorException: Object of class IPS\Member could not be converted to string (4096)
#0 /srv/data/web/vhosts/srfa.info/htdocs/system/Db/Db.php(394): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(4096, 'Object of class...', '/srv/data/web/v...', 394, Array)
#1 /srv/data/web/vhosts/srfa.info/htdocs/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `ibf_cor...', Array)
#2 /srv/data/web/vhosts/srfa.info/htdocs/system/Settings/Settings.php(208): IPS\_Db->update('core_sys_conf_s...', Array, Array)
#3 /srv/data/web/vhosts/srfa.info/htdocs/system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(699): IPS\_Settings->changeValues(Array)
#4 /srv/data/web/vhosts/srfa.info/htdocs/applications/autowelcome/modules/admin/settings/settings.php(126): IPS\Helpers\_Form->saveAsSettings(Array)
#5 /srv/data/web/vhosts/srfa.info/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\autowelcome\modules\admin\settings\_settings->manage()
#6 /srv/data/web/vhosts/srfa.info/htdocs/applications/autowelcome/modules/admin/settings/settings.php(30): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /srv/data/web/vhosts/srfa.info/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\autowelcome\modules\admin\settings\_settings->execute()
#8 /srv/data/web/vhosts/srfa.info/htdocs/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Edited by SRFA
Additional information.
On 10/2/2017 at 3:12 AM, SRFA said:

I used a previous version of autowelcome with IPB 3 before upgrading to IPS 4. It is not in the "Out of date applications" so, I thought it was uninstalled, but maybe not properly enough?

Provided you did a fresh install, any old files shouldn't have an affect.

Could you let me know what types of auto welcome alerts your sending out? i.e. PM or email etc... And if you have ftp access to your IPB files to test out some code. This was fixed some time ago and I'm not able to reproduce this but it might be your server not parsing the member field properly.

9 hours ago, Mike John said:

Could you let me know what types of auto welcome alerts your sending out? i.e. PM or email etc... And if you have ftp access to your IPB files to test out some code. This was fixed some time ago and I'm not able to reproduce this but it might be your server not parsing the member field properly.

Thanks for your answer. For the moment, I just adjusted the settings to deactivate all alerts (waiting to have written the actual welcome email content!) and the error occur when I hit the "save" button. The same error occur if I set anything on (activating just status alert and keeping the rest off for instance). I do have ftp access, yes.

On 10/3/2017 at 5:18 PM, mark007 said:

@Mike John

Also, if someone does the registration via e.g. Facebook not completed hat he gets an email.

What version of IPB and Auto Welcome are you using?

On 10/6/2017 at 6:20 AM, Unlucky said:

If you're not going to release an update anytime soon can I get on the beta test as I really need this to be working asap

PM Sent.

On 10/3/2017 at 7:04 PM, SRFA said:

Thanks for your answer. For the moment, I just adjusted the settings to deactivate all alerts (waiting to have written the actual welcome email content!) and the error occur when I hit the "save" button. The same error occur if I set anything on (activating just status alert and keeping the rest off for instance). I do have ftp access, yes.

This was an issue back several IPB versions ago but was fixed a while ago. I can't reproduce this locally so will probably need board access to troubleshoot on your end.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 2:49 AM, Mike John said:

This was an issue back several IPB versions ago but was fixed a while ago. I can't reproduce this locally so will probably need board access to troubleshoot on your end.

Thanks for your answer. My test install is running in a local virtual machine, I unfortunately can't give you access to it, and I'd prefer avoiding giving access to my live site if there's a chance to solve the problem otherwise. I understand that you are busy with the next release, I can wait for it, then try it and come back to you and give you board access to the live site if the problem persists.
I tried to troubleshoot myself, from what I understood in the error message and the app code and indeed, the SQL table ibf_core_sys_conf_settings is not updated at all (there isn't any conf_key containing the string "aw_"). I have ftp access and can run some php code for diagnostic if you send me some.

Edited by SRFA
On 10/21/2017 at 12:49 AM, SRFA said:

I tried to troubleshoot myself, from what I understood in the error message and the app code and indeed, the SQL table ibf_core_sys_conf_settings is not updated at all (there isn't any conf_key containing the string "aw_"). I have ftp access and can run some php code for diagnostic if you send me some.

Could you try a full uninstall (remove applications/autowelcome/ folder after uninstalled) and then install again? It seems silly but just see if it then inserts the settings properly then.

6 hours ago, root88 said:

could you please send me the beta with notifications fixed?

PM sent. :)

12 hours ago, Mike John said:

Could you try a full uninstall (remove applications/autowelcome/ folder after uninstalled) and then install again? It seems silly but just see if it then inserts the settings properly then.

I did it (with a complete cache clearing between uninstall and install): no change :/
I don't know if it matters, or if it should be otherwise, but in the application list, if I click the dropdown icon on the left, no database shows, unlike all other applications (example below with membermap folded, chatbox unfolded and autowelcome unfolded). Should there be one?

screenaw.thumb.png.7f6bb689a6a2e473cf2d60bddef789ca.png

Edit. While taking the screenshot above I realize I forgot to mention that Pages (not Forums) is the default app on my install. Could it interfere?

Edited by SRFA
On 10/24/2017 at 11:30 PM, SRFA said:

I don't know if it matters, or if it should be otherwise, but in the application list, if I click the dropdown icon on the left, no database shows, unlike all other applications (example below with membermap folded, chatbox unfolded and autowelcome unfolded). Should there be one?

That's just the modules of the app. The auto welcome doesn't need any because it's just utilizing hooks/extensions.

On 10/24/2017 at 11:30 PM, SRFA said:

Edit. While taking the screenshot above I realize I forgot to mention that Pages (not Forums) is the default app on my install. Could it interfere?

I don't foresee any possible link unfortunately.

Could you try uninstalling again, unzip the the "autowelcome.tar" into a folder called "autowelcome". Then upload that folder to the /applications/ folder and install from the admin cp that way? Perhaps the internal unzip and install is messing with the settings data somehow.

On 10/25/2017 at 6:16 AM, root88 said:

You probably already know it, but it's sending doubled messages if user registers from Steam / fb(?) / google(?) - (I've seen info about doubled topics, not PMs).

Thanks for that information. Anyone else with this problem can confirm it's consistently reproduced with social media signups?

Edit: I take it your also using the latest version of IPB?

Edited by Mike John
9 hours ago, Mike John said:

Could you try uninstalling again, unzip the the "autowelcome.tar" into a folder called "autowelcome". Then upload that folder to the /applications/ folder and install from the admin cp that way? Perhaps the internal unzip and install is messing with the settings data somehow.

Thanks again for your answers and your time, I tried that, no change. I also checked on my test install coming back to Forums as default app and I can confirm to you that it's unrelated.
While trying to investigate it came to my mind that I'm not running yet the recommended versions of PHP and SQL (PHP version 5.6.30-0+deb8u1, MySQL version 5.5.55-0+deb8u1-log, utf8mb4 is not enabled). I planned to upgrade anyway, so, I think it's the right time to try; I'll let you know if it brings any changes before you lose more time on my problem. Many, many thanks again for your patience :)

Not really old versions but let me know if it does make a difference. I'd tend to avoid manually messing with the settings database but if your open to a little bit of testing, I can give you some queries to manually add a few auto welcome settings just to see how that goes.

Other then that, I would probably need board access to troubleshoot this and monitor exactly what's happening in the install routine. I assume you haven't had any other issues with other apps that might add settings?

Hi again!

I'm using latest IPB version. I've checked few more things and:

• plugin is sending message everytime user changes his e-mail address
  • using Steam login, account is created before user sets his e-mail - so he gets 2 PM's: one before setting e-mail, and one after
    I'm not sure Google and FB works the same way, but probably.
On 11/4/2017 at 4:17 AM, root88 said:

Hi again!

I'm using latest IPB version. I've checked few more things and:

• plugin is sending message everytime user changes his e-mail address
  • using Steam login, account is created before user sets his e-mail - so he gets 2 PM's: one before setting e-mail, and one after
    I'm not sure Google and FB works the same way, but probably.

What do you have set for the "Validation method for new accounts" setting in IPB?