Pages - Testing if database custom field is empty

-FP

In 3.x IP.Content, this would work: <if test="!$record['custom_field_id']">

In 4.x I see some stuff like "{{if $record->customFieldsForDisplay" or "$record->customFieldDisplayByKey", but I can't figure out how to test if there's anything in the field.

Any ideas?

Cool, thanks. For some reason it didn't work using 'display', but I changed it to 'raw' and it worked. (My articles have a custom field to store a topic ID, and I show a link to the topic only if there's an ID stored in the field)

Sorry for my ignorance. I am trying to understand this language but can not find a doc. Any reference I can read to understand this ?

I was looking for that earlier before starting this topic but I didn't find anything, well there's this http://community.invisionpower.com/4docs/, but it doesn't have anything about pages templates coding, hopefully they will add more information there.

Oh yep I saw that, but honestly... well I'm not a programmer and I do most of my stuff searching around, reverse-engineering existing code, trying, copying and pasting, getting errors, trying again, getting more errors, until something works...

What I mean is that I would never get to the code I needed with this "{if $foo}}" or "{$foo|raw}" as the examples. I meant to say that I hope they add more "real-life" examples rather than just the logic behind it.

Archived