Editing CKEditor Config

Day_

I'm trying to make some changes to CKEditor through the config file but struggling a bit. I'm looking to add:

config.forcePasteAsPlainText = true;

and

config.ignoreEmptyParagraph = false; (I'm thinking this will remove the extra empty paragraphs which are created when a user hits enter several times after a post)

I've added the lines to the config.js in applications > core > interface > ckeditor > ckeditor but neither work

/*
 Copyright (c) 2003-2015, CKSource - Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved.
 For licensing, see LICENSE.md or http://ckeditor.com/license
*/
CKEDITOR.editorConfig=function(a){a.toolbarGroups=[{name:"document",groups:["mode","document","doctools"]},{name:"clipboard",groups:["clipboard","undo"]},{name:"editing",groups:["find","selection","spellchecker"]},{name:"forms"},{name:"basicstyles",groups:["basicstyles","cleanup"]},{name:"paragraph",groups:["list","indent","blocks","align","bidi"]},{name:"links"},{name:"insert"},{name:"styles"},{name:"colors"},{name:"tools"},{name:"others"},{name:"about"}];a.removeButtons="Cut,Copy,Paste,Undo,Redo,Anchor,Underline,Strike,Subscript,Superscript";
a.removeDialogTabs="link:advanced"};

config.forcePasteAsPlainText = true;
config.ignoreEmptyParagraph = true;

At least for the plain text, that should work. It’s exactly how I do it. 

/*
*/
CKEDITOR.editorConfig=function(a){a.toolbarGroups=[{name:"document",groups:["mode","document","doctools"]},{name:"clipboard",groups:["clipboard","undo"]},{name:"editing",groups:["find","selection","spellchecker"]},{name:"forms"},{name:"basicstyles",groups:["basicstyles","cleanup"]},{name:"paragraph",groups:["list","indent","blocks","align","bidi"]},{name:"links"},{name:"insert"},{name:"styles"},{name:"colors"},{name:"tools"},{name:"others"},{name:"about"}];a.removeButtons="Cut,Copy,Paste,Undo,Redo,Anchor,Underline,Strike,Subscript,Superscript";
a.removeDialogTabs="link:advanced"};

CKEDITOR.config.forcePasteAsPlainText = true;

Another option to use would be to move the items into the existing editorConfig function:

/*
*/
CKEDITOR.editorConfig=function(a){
    a.toolbarGroups=[{name:"document",groups:["mode","document","doctools"]},{name:"clipboard",groups:["clipboard","undo"]},{name:"editing",groups:["find","selection","spellchecker"]},{name:"forms"},{name:"basicstyles",groups:["basicstyles","cleanup"]},{name:"paragraph",groups:["list","indent","blocks","align","bidi"]},{name:"links"},{name:"insert"},{name:"styles"},{name:"colors"},{name:"tools"},{name:"others"},{name:"about"}];
    a.removeButtons="Cut,Copy,Paste,Undo,Redo,Anchor,Underline,Strike,Subscript,Superscript";
    a.removeDialogTabs="link:advanced",
    a.forcePasteAsPlainText = true;
    a.ignoreEmptyParagraph = true;
};

Archived