Custom profile fields have lost their key?

LaCollision

Hi there,

For the custom profile fields in IPB 3.x, we were able to define a couple of key - value.
For instance for a drop down box:

flag_afghanistan=Afghanistan
flag_albania=Albania
flag_algeria=Algeria
…
flag_germany=Germany
…
flag_south_africa=South Africa
…

Then it was easy to retrieve the field key, and then process the data depending on that key.

But now, under IPS 4.x, I can't see how it's possible to use these fields keys. In the admin, we can only fill in the values.

Do you know how we can manage them?

Help! :cry:

Dropdown has changed to "Select Box" where you can then enter key=Value.  On the front end you will have a drop down unless you set the field to allow multiple, which then will give you a scroll-able list.

​Thanks a lot! :sweat:

I'm running RC4 and can't use key=value for the "Select Box". By any chance, do you know if it works on 4.0.1?

Thanks again!

I use select box for a lot of things.  I am not sure about RC4, but I know some items were missing from the early RC's.  I would suggest upgrading to 4.01.

​Thanks a lot for the screenshot!

This feature is indeed missing from RC4.

Of course I'll upgrade to 4.x, but I was working on a test server…

Thank you very much for your help!

​Thanks a lot for the screenshot!

This feature is indeed missing from RC4.

Of course I'll upgrade to 4.x, but I was working on a test server…

Thank you very much for your help!

​I just noticed, the screenshot and select box option I posted was from the Pages Database system.  Not from Custom Profile Fields.  You are in fact correct, Profile CPF's no longer have a "key" per say as they are using thew new forum helper classes to build/display those.

Apologies for the misunderstanding on it!

​I just noticed, the screenshot and select box option I posted was from the Pages Database system.  Not from Custom Profile Fields.  You are in fact correct, Profile CPF's no longer have a "key" per say as they are using thew new forum helper classes to build/display those.

Apologies for the misunderstanding on it!

​Oh damned :'(

Thanks anyway!

Hello @bfarber,

A lot of people use the key / value system for profile fields… Do you know if it's going back anytime soon in IPS?

Thanks!

​Seconded. I'd guess that new installs likely wouldn't have the problem since they'd have never experienced the key/vaue system before, but for upgrades...... eh.

I've managed a workaround with our national flag system, but a key=value pair is invaluable for many implementations of things. Even if it was undocumented, bringing back the = would be fantastic. 

Hello @bfarber,

A lot of people use the key / value system for profile fields… Do you know if it's going back anytime soon in IPS?

Thanks!

​Seconded. I'd guess that new installs likely wouldn't have the problem since they'd have never experienced the key/vaue system before, but for upgrades...... eh.

I've managed a workaround with our national flag system, but a key=value pair is invaluable for many implementations of things. Even if it was undocumented, bringing back the = would be fantastic. 

​With that using the form helper, I do not think they are, which is a shame, because I use key=field for ALOT of stuff in CPF's.  I had to remove all our CPF's because all my settings broke as they were based off of key=field to show custom images in the topic view profile for each member.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived