Theme updates (code changes)

ehren.

​I use FileMerge which comes with Xcode (right click Xcode > Show Package Contents > Contents > Applications).

I've never used Kaleidoscope but considering how much everyone raves about it (and it's a paid-for app, FileMerge is free from Apple) I'm very surprised to hear it can't do folders.

But yeah, as Charles says, to us the thought was "well surely they just throw the developer files in a diff tool?" - in 3.x you couldn't do that because it was all in heredocs in a PHP class, but with 4.0 it isn't, so we assumed a dedicated diff tool wasn't necessary. But oh well, we have one now :) 

I have FileMerge too - I'll try it out.

​I think the issue here is that most designers will never feel the need to download the developer tools as it's assumed that they would be for plugin & app development. More importantly - Without digging through the developer tools package; It's quite unclear that it even contains the necessary HTML / CSS files that we need to make these comparisons. Mainly due to the description on the marketplace being too vague and linking to an article that is of no help to designers. Worryingly, I've been building plugins since the early BETA's and hadn't even considered this as an option until you just said :tongue:.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ehren. I'm working through your bug list. The tabs not working is actually a bit of confusion. Tab keys are only a-z0-9 and then made lowercase. So you're actually using "word_Word" in the language pack, but the actual tab key ends up as "wordword" hence it doesn't seem to match.

I've just allowed underscores though, but they have to be lowercase to ensure there are no duplicate but "different" keys.

​Thanks Matt. Issues 1, 2 and 3 are the ones which are preventing themes from being released - not only from myself, but other designers. If they're fixed first, smaller issues such as the language strings are welcome to be delayed until a later date, since those smaller bugs don't actually impact the development and import/export of themes. :) 

Edit: Just saw your ticket reply saying 1 and 2 have been fixed. Stoked to hear! :)

​Thanks Matt. Issues 1, 2 and 3 are the ones which are preventing themes from being released - not only from myself, but other designers. If they're fixed first, smaller issues such as the language strings are welcome to be delayed until a later date, since those smaller bugs don't actually impact the development and import/export of themes. :) 

Edit: Just saw your ticket reply saying 1 and 2 have been fixed. Stoked to hear! :)

​Great, means you can start working on the themes or will you have to wait till they gave you a fix?

Archived