Community

theblackelk

Show us your IPB 4 sites!

2 hours ago, Philip Krasilnikov said:

Well, I have launched 18+ Forum for adults ))) to discuss secret topics. I guess I will be banned if I post the link here ) ... Anyway, if you want to look orjoin, please write a private message.

no need it's in your sig lol 

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2019 at 4:58 PM, Lotus123 said:

Finally finished creating my community platform - https://hypelance.com/
Aimed at freelancers, entrepreneurs and content creators. Pretty happy about this.

I would love to hear if you guys hold any suggestions to improve the site, such as any glaring issues with our theme or any core mishaps. 

Edited by Lotus123
Typo

1 hour ago, Lotus123 said:

I would love to hear if you guys hold any suggestions to improve the site, such as any glaring issues with our theme or any why core mishaps. 

Maybe this

IMG_20190718_014529.thumb.jpg.5994d2c30ab661f65cb05195fd5c13f6.jpg

I like the design of how to show forums, clean but with guide visualization which is title as the main point to play. 

I alway want to have something like your. You can share it or put it in Marketplace? 

Here other suggestion to make it better if you can implement it. 

IMG_20190718_015504.thumb.jpg.99aeb533f001927631f0fd794d0ecb8d.jpgIMG_20190718_015627.thumb.jpg.7c3e04140d261ca892461e34313a9012.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kmk said:

Maybe this

IMG_20190718_014529.thumb.jpg.5994d2c30ab661f65cb05195fd5c13f6.jpg

I like the design of how to show forums, clean but with guide visualization which is title as the main point to play. 

I alway want to have something like your. You can share it or put it in Marketplace? 

Here other suggestion to make it better if you can implement it. 

IMG_20190718_015504.thumb.jpg.99aeb533f001927631f0fd794d0ecb8d.jpgIMG_20190718_015627.thumb.jpg.7c3e04140d261ca892461e34313a9012.jpg

Thank you for letting me know about that bug, I've fixed that now. Seems to be an exclusive issue for guest users. 😁
I would prefer not to share this theme on the marketplace as I'd rather keep it exclusive to my own community. Furthermore, some of the workarounds I've applied to the theme would only work on how I've laid out the forum myself, so I would need to extensively redevelop a bit of the theme for compatibility purposes.

For that other suggestion, I actually am not too sure how I'd implement that. I think it would need some custom development out of my own ability. It would take some time to figure out the HTML template changes required.

Edited by Lotus123

23 hours ago, interfx said:

https://www.trumpetforum.com

Any other suggestions I should incorporate?  Still working through some details...

30-second community critique: 

1. The font size for your Guest Welcome Message is extremely small.  

Also, you should remove the second paragraph, which talks about the technology side, but trumpet and horn players won't get excited about that.  Replace it with something that is compelling to the trumpet experience.  

2. What makes your forum a more valuable resource than TrumpetHerald.com? 

3 hours ago, Joel R said:

30-second community critique: 

1. The font size for your Guest Welcome Message is extremely small.  

Also, you should remove the second paragraph, which talks about the technology side, but trumpet and horn players won't get excited about that.  Replace it with something that is compelling to the trumpet experience.  

2. What makes your forum a more valuable resource than TrumpetHerald.com? 

Thanks Joel R...

1. Adjusted the Welcome message to fix font and also the messaging - good catch.

2. Other forums are focused on many diverse topics - ours is 100% focused on the instrument we play.  Other forums also have NO way to easily upload photos, tag videos, and do NOT have an instrument related directory.  Our goal is to NOT replace that larger forum - rather focus on a niche/speciality topic for users looking for instrument related topics.

Here is my site i've been working on

https://noobtubers.com

it's aimed for gaming content creators and live streamers. A place where new comers can learn from experienced content creators and live streamers( from guides),as well as people being able to sell their used items to people starting out. I'm not a content creator or live streamer myself,but i've watched quite a few streamers and i see a lot of commentators always talking about a community specific for gaming content creators. Any input would be appreciated!

Right now the site is just kinda filled with dummy content, So the homepage will look a bit bare.

A few things i still have left to do

• Add some more awards and fix some pre-existing awards
  • Finish the FAQ section
  • Small tweaks here and there