Community

theblackelk

Show us your IPB 4 sites!

Awesome. Thank you so much :thumbsup:

once again fantastic customization.

--

You cool with suggestions? xD here we go

The way I see it and as far as i know for many people black background and a lot of solid white background colors bothers in so many ways i personally always have to wear my computer glass while visiting or especially while reading on websites, it just hurts eyes when the background is completely white and other parts are black 

Maybe you should consider changing the white to something a little darker for example e9eaed 

20 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Awesome. Thank you so much :thumbsup:

once again fantastic customization.

--

You cool with suggestions? xD here we go

The way I see it and as far as i know for many people black background and a lot of solid white background colors bothers in so many ways i personally always have to wear my computer glass while visiting or especially while reading on websites, it just hurts eyes when the background is completely white and other parts are black 

Maybe you should consider changing the white to something a little darker for example e9eaed 

Are you referring to the forums foreground being light and the background being dark?   I always like my content areas to be close to white for the sake of users who post .gifs and other content that looks bad on dark backgrounds. I'm picky like that, that's why I opted to make the homepage dark as I have more control over that, heh. It's a fair point though and I may look into lightening the background a tad to offset that. 

14 hours ago, EmpireKickAss said:

@kotaco Nice job man! with your website, you made an really nice cool job.  Want to share it with US?

I'd be happy to help where I can, what would you like to see?

Edited by kotaco

10 hours ago, Davyc said:

Just literally launched today - still a little bit of tweaking to do and a lot of content to add, but it's a start.

http://sfmovies.co.uk/

Love to hear your feedback and any suggestions that might make the site more attractive to visitors turning them into members

:thumbsup: 

Really like it your website! ^^

10 hours ago, Davyc said:

Just literally launched today - still a little bit of tweaking to do and a lot of content to add, but it's a start.

Love to hear your feedback and any suggestions that might make the site more attractive to visitors turning them into members

You need more content and members, Time to advertise 

13 hours ago, Davyc said:

A favicon would be nice ;)

Otherwise a really nice and goodlooking site! A board I would consider joining when you get it started as I love SF. 

3 hours ago, EmpireKickAss said:

You need more content and members, Time to advertise 

Agreed and it is coming.  Some hints and tips on advertising would be appreciated - how, where, when and the best ways.  I've got a Twitter account set up with about 100 followers, not touched Facebook yet, but if there's any other places I'd love to know about them.

Favicon is on the "to do" list.  More movies are coming. Authors and books are in the pipeline and a few reviews are being written.  There are also over 150 classic SF movie trailers just waiting for me to work on the covers/posters and then they'll be added.

Thanks for the comments and advice - much appreciated.

On 21/04/2016 at 5:09 PM, Davyc said:

looking good mate  ;)

Thanks Mark - as per a previous comment about content I've worked pretty hard the last couple of weeks adding more content; there's still a lot more to do, but so far I've added 138 movies (almost all with trailers) with movie posters, extra forums, special features section (currently covering all the original and NG movies), loads of tweaks to the CSS for visual appeal and I have one member lol.  That latter is the most difficult part, getting people to join and participate.  I've made it really easy to register adding the Twitter and Facebook integrations as well as the usual registration form.  I've opened a Twitter account and have followers; just opened a dedicated FB account, but it's slow going; one man band at the mo lol, but it's a passion more than anything else.

Anyone wanting to see an update go to: sfmovies.co.uk

BTW Mark, your skin is a dream to work with.

Edited by Davyc

11 hours ago, Davyc said:

Thanks Mark - as per a previous comment about content I've worked pretty hard the last couple of weeks adding more content; there's still a lot more to do, but so far I've added 138 movies (almost all with trailers) with movie posters, extra forums, special features section (currently covering all the original and NG movies), loads of tweaks to the CSS for visual appeal and I have one member lol.  That latter is the most difficult part, getting people to join and participate.  I've made it really easy to register adding the Twitter and Facebook integrations as well as the usual registration form.  I've opened a Twitter account and have followers; just opened a dedicated FB account, but it's slow going; one man band at the mo lol, but it's a passion more than anything else.

Anyone wanting to see an update go to: sfmovies.co.uk

BTW Mark, your skin is a dream to work with.

To make your life easier, think about integrating the IMDB AP (I think it's this one) using IP.pages. It will essentially automate everything, and you can select which genere you want, or base it off of other search criteria ^_^

Hi @Dylan Riggs I can't find that IMDB app in the Marketplace is that where I should be looking?  There was a similar app for Xenforo which I initially used to set up the site that worked great using the IMDB alternative (TMDB), but I much prefer using Invision over Xenforo.  Anything that can provide any kind of automation with parameters would be a dream lol.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

I meant to type "API" which is just a toolset for developers to create applications that would do what you want. The Xenforo app you speak of is actually doing this. It's a great way to build a database of your own, just by using a few 3rd party tools.

You'll need to know a bit of programming though to do that.

38 minutes ago, Dylan Riggs said:

You'll need to know a bit of programming though to do that.

That's where I fall down - I can do HTML and CSS but when it comes to the other I'm done lol.  But thanks for the info on that - it would be nice if someone could create an app for the market place that does this :p

http://forum.gitarnorge.no/

I just now opened my frontpage and still working on my artickles - that was converted from a WP-install. It is just stock basic IPS theme, but my member like it that way and it makes my day much easier.

Frontpage has support for soundcloud and youtube directly on the frontpage - and it is something I will work more on - just to get my members to post music directly as articles.