Community

theblackelk

Show us your IPB 4 sites!

I also have a Roleplay Community ^^

Spanish World of Warcraft Private RP Server.

http://www.mundowarcraft.com/

I use a Group Collaboration App, for RP Lore Orders and Guilds. RP characters can be members :D
It's the first time I use a light theme for a gaming forum and I like how it looks.

On 4/1/2016 at 8:54 AM, Rory Soh said:

We're game developers, but here's ours. ^_^

https://www.ninonline.org/forum/index.php

Should really fix your site. No one should have to scroll way to the right on every page due to bad sizing. Especially not on large displays like mine. I'd hate to see what it'd look like on a smaller resolution display.

1 hour ago, Koby said:

Should really fix your site. No one should have to scroll way to the right on every page due to bad sizing. Especially not on large displays like mine. I'd hate to see what it'd look like on a smaller resolution display.

Might I suggest utilizing css3 and using "cover" on the header image ^_^

I use a 3840x2160 screen res on a 30 inch 4k monitor and have no issues however anything smaller will.

Edited by DesignzShop

1 hour ago, Koby said:

What do you mean bad sizing? It works fine for me.

14 minutes ago, DesignzShop said:

Might I suggest utilizing css3 and using "cover" on the header image ^_^

I use a 3840x2160 screen res on a 30 inch 4k monitor and have no issues however anything smaller will.

What do you mean cover? Sorry for double post, quoting just doesn't work that good. I can't quote in my previous post or even copy the quote like you used to be able to.

"cover" fills a area proportionally with an image. Works with mobile also.

background: url('images/myinage.png') no-repeat center center  fixed;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-webkit-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
background-size: cover; }

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background-size.asp

Edited by DesignzShop

On 4/3/2016 at 6:01 PM, Dylan Riggs said:

Creating a theme called "Krocan"

Has a few unique features: #1 being an off canvas menu that will hold all of your User Profile information, search bar and the IPS Widgets. Currently in the coding page

TaEsjm5.png

dGqpXTp.png

523A1WV.png

vGeI7r8.png

OoAC2mj.png

k9xJkxG.png

^_^

An awesome work, how you make the sidebar like that ? It's a plugin or your personal work ?

11 hours ago, Rory Soh said:

What do you mean bad sizing? It works fine for me.

This

1e61a1a1a6.jpg

I shouldn't have to scroll to the right ever just to see part of the forum. Your site isn't responsive at the correct resolutions. It needs to be able to shrink more.

I'm on a 32 inch screen. So it'd probably be worse on those using 15-17 inch laptops.

Edited by Koby

4 minutes ago, Koby said:

I'm on a 32 inch screen. So it'd probably be worse on those using 15-17 inch laptops.

It is responsive, it is a bug with your browser or something. I use it on Chrome, Firefox, Safari and many more no problem. I use a 24' display. What is your resolution?

10 hours ago, DesignzShop said:

"cover" fills a area proportionally with an image. Works with mobile also.

background: url('images/myinage.png') no-repeat center center  fixed;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-webkit-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
background-size: cover; }

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background-size.asp

Thanks we added it on our todo list. ^_^

I'm using a 17.1 inches screen without any problems on chrome. You probably have the zoom settings set to 120% or something, I mostly have mine set at 90% for all websites that I browse. Also I have no problems on the mobile phone responsiveness theme at all.

that being said you may still want to resize the image a little bit

On 4/3/2016 at 0:49 AM, Rory Soh said:

It is responsive, it is a bug with your browser or something. I use it on Chrome, Firefox, Safari and many more no problem. I use a 24' display. What is your resolution?

Thanks we added it on our todo list. ^_^

It's not a bug on my end. Everything is set to 100% and my resolution is 1360x768. Even if I set my browser to just 90% zoom, it still is too wide. I have to go as low as 80% for it to get rid of the horizontal scrollbar. I shouldn't have to ever zoom out or scroll right to view a page fully.

I should also note it's only on the index page that this is an issue. The forums main page, and other pages of your community are fine. Even tablet and mobile viewing is broken on the index page. When jumps to tablet viewing, you have to scroll even further.

So it leads me to believe there is something on the index page that isn't acting responsively and is too large at my display resolution.

Edited by Koby

On 4/4/2016 at 1:38 AM, Koby said:

So it leads me to believe there is something on the index page that isn't acting responsively and is too large at my display resolution.

Thank you, it is a bug with Firefox. I will note it down. 1336x768 works fine on Chrome, Firefox not so much. That means WebKit and Chrome's engine should work fine, just not Firefox's web engine.

12 hours ago, Natea said:

Awesome, your site runs very speed!

¿What configuration you used in your host?

Thanks ^_^

I have tried to optimize the site as much as possible. Also thanks to host using SSD, Litespeed web server, mariadb and Php7. Have not tuned the settings so the host setup is very good. But it does cost some more than the standard host type ;) 

Edited by Dennis_87