Community

theblackelk

Show us your IPB 4 sites!

On 31/07/2016 at 2:11 PM, goodnightworld said:

hey bro, may i ask about what theme are using, if it's yours, would u mind sharing? and about the post container, username part and the user group part? 

Hello yes the theme is just strictly css edits, its based of IPS default theme, I don't particularly want to share it as i want to have my site unique, and special to my user-base despite being none at this moment of time it will grow as bo3 modding and mapping tools are released into the wild,

Post container, nothing has changed only the top blue bar which is curved.

What do you mean by the username part? For the user group that is just an addition to using awesome fonts which you can include in user groups like this: 

<span style="color:rgba(113, 161, 239, 0.9);font-weight:bold;"> <i class="fa fa-shield" aria-hidden="true"></i></span>

The big loading thing on the top right corner is a little annoying. I don't know the exact name of the JS, but there were multiple ways to display this, what do you think about a more lighter way to display this? 

1 hour ago, jacboy said:

The big loading thing on the top right corner is a little annoying. I don't know the exact name of the JS, but there were multiple ways to display this, what do you think about a more lighter way to display this? 

Could make it lighter with css edits ^_^, however thats my base theme colour.

12 hours ago, ucjohn said:

Hello, Just figured I would show off our site... Always on the look out for changes etc.. The Upcoming matches box is coming down but take a gander and enjoy. http://VenomSquadGaming.com

What an cool website indeed, I love the theme. Who did the theme? also you have allot of game servers and seems that you are an new website with only 9 posts. You really need to grow content

5 hours ago, EmpireKickass said:

What an cool website indeed, I love the theme. Who did the theme? also you have allot of game servers and seems that you are an new website with only 9 posts. You really need to grow content

Website isn't really new Just website was in development and alot of our members use our Teamspeak server.. The theme was done by me.

7 hours ago, ucjohn said:

Website isn't really new Just website was in development and alot of our members use our Teamspeak server.. The theme was done by me.

That really does look beautiful. Excellent work. You've clearly put a lot of time into the project.

If I could make a polite suggestion, it would be that, in my opinion, addresses like venomsquadgaming.com/index.php?/rosters.html/ look unusual in something so modern. Out of place, or as though you haven't quite finished the job. venomsquadgaming.com/rosters is what people would expect to see.

On 8/10/2016 at 9:51 PM, ucjohn said:

Hello, Just figured I would show off our site... Always on the look out for changes etc.. The Upcoming matches box is coming down but take a gander and enjoy.

http://VenomSquadGaming.com

chrome_2016-08-10_23-49-59.png

Hey sweet site.. How did you get the "articles title" from not appearing at the top?  Cause I want mine like yours but my articles title apears at the top of the widget.

On 12/08/2016 at 0:06 AM, ucjohn said:

looks a lot like one of @ehren. themes tbh,the default avatar and ipsfocusmegafooter give it away but nice try..... nice job on the background and logo though

4 hours ago, Mark Round said:

looks a lot like one of @ehren. themes tbh,the default avatar and ipsfocusmegafooter give it away but nice try..... nice job on the background and logo though

Except it doesn't look anything like one of Ehrens themes, even though it was one of his base themes, and just graphically edited. In that point, every single one of our custom themes look at IPS's since we've all used it as a base theme, including Ehren :p

3 minutes ago, Dylan Riggs said:

Except it doesn't look anything like one of Ehrens themes, even though it was one of his base themes, and just graphically edited. In that point, every single one of our custom themes look at IPS's since we've all used it as a base theme, including Ehren :p

no they are clearly using ehrens theme as a base  :p  and they removed the copyright

Edited by Mark Round

Just now, Mark Round said:

no they are clearly using ehrens theme as a base

Right, but it's been nearly completely redone with different sets of graphics. That's all I'm saying. I don't think he should exactly claim it that 'he did it all'. But I think it's justifiable that he can claim a large portion of the work.

8 minutes ago, Dylan Riggs said:

Right, but it's been nearly completely redone with different sets of graphics. That's all I'm saying. I don't think he should exactly claim it that 'he did it all'. But I think it's justifiable that he can claim a large portion of the work.

no i dont think so,making the background and logo doesnt constitute as a large portion of the work,if it did id be a very rich man  ,lets see what @ehren.  thinks

Edited by Mark Round

Been working on my gaming communities front page. Here's what I got so far, but most of the content is dummy content until I finalize everything from the IP.Pages block feeds.

Should demonstrate the power of IP.Pages and what you're able to achieve with mostly HTML/CSS modifications to the base feeds presented.

Sorry for the poor embeded images... thought they'd show up larger :(

Slider area:

ff83f29a03a4474dad450db3993ccbec.png

News Section which includes ajax "more" loading along with category support:

758ca37d96484083a7b52ac8caf34ebc.png

Live streams: Category support, which highlights a specific streamer along with that persons's streams.
underneath that is a slider to display a list of online/offline streams. Everything pretty much has a neat informative hover on top of it.... and is fully responsive
74e56834261f427fa84540c63a063106.png

Video section, to show the same things.... basically

a33996229e95488b820e3196c13456d4.png

Community Events section Part 1: This basically highlights a video/stream or a broadcast of the event. Also have results based on tournaments.
this can be filtered based on categories as well.

00e195d02c0e4f059136607c5217b225.png

Events part 2: Basically just has a list of the events, which you can click "load more" to add more to the list.

d59c6c4a59854e4ebf93d5d7c47280fb.png

Forum activity: Basically highlights hot, recent or popular threads...
2e811af4d2104f079ae4d25fbdc39074.png

Social networks" Pretty self explantory, but I like how I targeted the browser scroll bars to display better to match the theme :D

e007352b9c2947fd9b3f5ce1a6288a35.png

RSS FEEDS: Can point to popular sources, in this case, what our community focuses on.
149e245ce4cb4168a669fa2bd2614f87.png

Lastly, the footer which just adds to the final affect of the site which uses the particle.js library for use at the very subtle effect in the background.

fcafa8842cec4fd5b7bce10143e9efc9.png

Lastly, everything is responsive completely... took a bit of time to pull that one off.

a8fcc33df1cd4f188f46ccf59714d043.png

Next, gotta tie everything into the blocks and there you go. Full spanking feature rich site built with IP.Pages.

21 minutes ago, Mark Round said:

no i dont think so,making the background and logo doesnt constitute as a large portion of the work,if it did id be a very rich man  ,lets see what @ehren.  thinks

Do you have an example to the same theme with very minimal modifications? I mean, I'm not saying you're wrong. I just don't recall seeing one of Ehren's themes look anything like that outside of the obvious menu animations, default avatar and such.

Edited by Dylan Riggs

38 minutes ago, Dylan Riggs said:

Been working on my gaming communities front page. Here's what I got so far, but most of the content is dummy content until I finalize everything from the IP.Pages block feeds.

Should demonstrate the power of IP.Pages and what you're able to achieve with mostly HTML/CSS modifications to the base feeds presented.

Sorry for the poor embeded images... thought they'd show up larger :(

Slider area:

ff83f29a03a4474dad450db3993ccbec.png

News Section which includes ajax "more" loading along with category support:

758ca37d96484083a7b52ac8caf34ebc.png

Live streams: Category support, which highlights a specific streamer along with that persons's streams.
underneath that is a slider to display a list of online/offline streams. Everything pretty much has a neat informative hover on top of it.... and is fully responsive
74e56834261f427fa84540c63a063106.png

Video section, to show the same things.... basically

a33996229e95488b820e3196c13456d4.png

Community Events section Part 1: This basically highlights a video/stream or a broadcast of the event. Also have results based on tournaments.
this can be filtered based on categories as well.

00e195d02c0e4f059136607c5217b225.png

Events part 2: Basically just has a list of the events, which you can click "load more" to add more to the list.

d59c6c4a59854e4ebf93d5d7c47280fb.png

Forum activity: Basically highlights hot, recent or popular threads...
2e811af4d2104f079ae4d25fbdc39074.png

Social networks" Pretty self explantory, but I like how I targeted the browser scroll bars to display better to match the theme :D

e007352b9c2947fd9b3f5ce1a6288a35.png

RSS FEEDS: Can point to popular sources, in this case, what our community focuses on.
149e245ce4cb4168a669fa2bd2614f87.png

Lastly, the footer which just adds to the final affect of the site which uses the particle.js library for use at the very subtle effect in the background.

fcafa8842cec4fd5b7bce10143e9efc9.png

Lastly, everything is responsive completely... took a bit of time to pull that one off.

a8fcc33df1cd4f188f46ccf59714d043.png

Next, gotta tie everything into the blocks and there you go. Full spanking feature rich site built with IP.Pages.

Do you have an example to the same theme with very minimal modifications? I mean, I'm not saying you're wrong. I just don't recall seeing one of Ehren's themes look anything like that outside of the obvious menu animations, default avatar and such.

well done

if you want specifics pm me,trust me its @ehren. theme rehashed believe me

8 minutes ago, Mark Round said:

well done

if you want specifics pm me,trust me its @ehren. theme rehashed believe me

Thanks. And yes, I get that it was one of Ehren's themes, just don't know how much modifications it went through. I believe there is a fine line of putting so much work into a theme to call it "yours". But that's dependent on the person.

@Dylan Riggs @Mark Round

As long as @ucjohn has purchased my theme, plus copyright removal, he's welcome to modify it as much as he likes. It most definitely uses an ipsfocus theme as a base since there are a bunch of .ipsfocus classes in the code - but it's modified enough to look very different. I don't have any copyright orders from you ucjohn and I'm unable to access my marketplace orders right now, but if you can PM me to confirm that you've purchased both, then I don't have a problem with it ^_^

34 minutes ago, ehren. said:

@Dylan Riggs @Mark Round

As long as @ucjohn has purchased my theme, plus copyright removal, he's welcome to modify it as much as he likes. It most definitely uses an ipsfocus theme as a base since there are a bunch of .ipsfocus classes in the code - but it's modified enough to look very different. I don't have any copyright orders from you ucjohn and I'm unable to access my marketplace orders right now, but if you can PM me to confirm that you've purchased both, then I don't have a problem with it ^_^

This. From my perspective, it looked highly modified from one of your base themes to the point to call it "he created it", but that's not entirely fair when it came from you first :). But even taking it a step further, yours came from IPS. It's beating around the bush and shouldn't cause up a ruckus unless something is really wrong.
Anyways, good theme from a great base ^_^

10 hours ago, Dylan Riggs said:

SNIP

DAMN, You have put allot into this website. Looks cool indeed. willing to share more?