Raffle System

watchhead

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, just like the old version.

Never have used an IPS version of a raffle system since I started with the 4.x line - but I do have one on my XenForo site that is rather nice and has that ability.  

A few options that it has that are nice

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 6.55.50 AM.png

This allows for a "premium" type group to have more entries available than a "normal" user group.

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 6.56.38 AM.png

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Capturar.png

The issue I have with that setup is say I have users in both a Members group (primary) and a banned/limited (secondary).  If I select Members and don't want the banned/limited group to be able to participate, then I cannot do that - since they are still a member of the "Members" group.  By having an exclusionary ability it allows you to specifically exclude anyone in a secondary group that may be in the Primary.

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 7.02.23 AM.png

1 minute ago, Tracy Perry said:

The issue I have with that setup is say I have users in both a Members group (primary) and a banned/limited (secondary).  If I select Members and don't wan the banned/limited group to be able to participate, then I cannot do that - since they are still a member of the "Members" group.  By having an exclusionary ability it allows you to specifically exclude anyone in a secondary group that may be in the Primary.

User groups checks seconday groups as well. Members flagged as BANNED, of course, won't participate since they can't access the board. On IPS4, you ban via flag, not via group. If you're still doing this, you're doing it wrong.

Anyway, this is already done, worked like that in prior version, which everyone else is familiarized with, and won't change. Sorry.

If you're still doing this, you're doing it wrong.

Not if you have a "styling" difference that you use for the Banned/limited group. ;)

Anyway, this is already done, worked like that in prior version, which everyone else is familiarized with, and won't change. Sorry.

Oh well, it just limits the ability of it then.  Not everyone is stuck in the "stick everyone in one group" mode of thinking.  Some of use actually use Secondary groups to "enhance' the primary (which is what it is basically designed for).  Just another case of a "one way" mindset that I keep finding in IPS and it's long term users/admins/developers that I keep coming across.

I use secondary groups as cumulative type permission sets - which is what I'm used to in XenForo (which is having a baseline set and then adding TO/subtracting from those baselines).

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/12/2016 at 8:55 AM, Adriano Faria said:

I started to develop a Raffle System. One thing is for sure: Commerce will be required and PayPal won't be used as a payment gateway.

Reason: users from the US are not allowed to run a raffle where you have to pay for the tickets unless you are registered as a non-profit organization, or have special authorization to do so. Same applies to the EU and other countries, and that's why Paypal is shutting accounts down. PayPal can also take actions against the accounts of people using the app, which could affect you financially. So, PayPal won't be an option.

Read more: https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/371882-hq-raffle-system/?do=findComment&comment=2516463

I decided to not do it anymore. It's not my problem if you will use PayPal or not. I'll leave it perfectly clear. It's up to the admin take or not the risk. 

• 2 weeks later...

I developed a special lottery idea 1 year ago but I can't code it myself. Unfortunately I don't have big amounts of money but I would be willing to sponsor a part (some 100 $) of it or we collect some bucks for realization. The concept is about 5-6 DINA4 pages in length. If anyone of the well known coders in this community is interested, please contact me.

Adriano Faria

Looking good. Is there going to be an option to upload multiple photos (multiple prizes) and then some way to add info for the user beneath each prize, like a description field. As I run multiple prizes per raffle and some of the prizes are only one if the member has a higher membership subscription, so I would need a way to let the members know what the standard prize is and what the bonus prizes are.

p.s. any idea on release? :)

Anyway, the description is an editor, so you can upload there and make it appear as you want inside the text.

Yes. It is fine to do like this :)  if can add images to the description that is perfect.

Sorry to hear that you had some sickness, I hope you are better now. Looking forward tot he march release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The app is not ready yet but in an advanced stage of its development, so I will do with it what I did with Classifieds. If you want to make part of its developement by suggesting and testing it (now on my server, later on yours), please drop me a PM. It will cost $35. So those who pay now WILL NOT have to pay again here on IPS; I will add a manual purchase for you.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The current features available work good so far.  A work around to the PayPal issue I used is implementing the Points Economy System.  With my site we have "Tokens" as our currency.  1 Token = $0.01.  Members are rewarded Tokens for various things.  Additionally we made Tokens available for purchase in our store, 500 Tokens for $5.00.  I set the payment method for raffles to only accept Tokens.  This takes PayPal out of the equation (sort of) for raffle ticket purchases.  

With the old raffle system I twice ran into issues with PayPal.  For anyone who will be using PayPal to process payments for raffle tickets the key is the wording in the title.  Do not use words like Raffle, Win, etc.  Title them similar to how you would in a store listing.  I hope this helps anyone who is or is planning on using this great App.

Archived