IPS4 Cache options

Chetan105

Zend opcache is now packaged with PHP5.5 . However IPS4 doesnt have an option to choose this ! It only has the below. Any suggestion?

I tried installing APC but looks like its not supported on PHP 5.5 and thats when I read opcache is now there by default!

• No caching -
  • APC
    In order to use this method, the Apc extension must be installed on your server.
  • eAccelerator
    In order to use this method, the Eaccelerator extension must be installed on your server.
  • Memcached
    In order to use this method, the Memcache extension must be installed on your server.
  • Redis
    In order to use this method, the Redis extension must be installed on your server.
  • Wincache
    In order to use this method, the Wincache extension must be installed on your server.
  • XCache
    In order to use this method, the Xcache extension must be installed on your server.

Thanks for your response. I enabled opcache and from the looks of it I dont need any settings to be added into IPS4, please refer to http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/399183-zend-opcache-optimizer-my-hero/?do=findComment&comment=2505684 .

Does that mean I can now also have memcached enabled as well for datacache ?

Zend OPcache

Opcode CachingUp and Running
OptimizationEnabled
StartupOK
Shared memory modelmmap
Cache hits0
Cache misses1
Used memory5465840
Free memory61643024
Wasted memory0
Interned Strings Used memory512952
Interned Strings Free memory3681352
Cached scripts1
Cached keys1
Max keys3907
OOM restarts0
Hash keys restarts0
Manual restarts0

If opcache is working on your server, correct, there is nothing to do on the IPS end of things, if you wanted to add memcached as well you can. In my testing opcache works well on it's own, adding memcached to the mix would be even better. 

@Rhett going for even better. Memcached installed and configured as well. Testing now.

​.

Found out I was using this all the time .. opcache .. seems it is default with the new versions of PHP .. and yes, I activated also memcached (for few months already) on IPS4 ..

All good  :thumbsup:

Archived