Thank-you Support Team

MSUKForum

The support is fantastic, a big thank-you to all the team. I've just flicked back through my tickets and some are over 10 years old! All resolved quickly and professionally.

I really appreciate it, customer support is so important in a product for me, it's why I love IPB. Here's to another 10 years! :)

• Management

I have a long history too, but it seems that IPS4 the tickets can take weeks to solve.  I have a few that are between 1 - 3 weeks.  In my opinion their staff team is helpful but they seem extremely overwhelmed with IPS4.

​We did warn everyone that RC-related issues would take a long time to solve :)

If its just some basic questions how can it be a critical ticket? Just out of curiosity.

​Duh, they asked me the basic questions and so far it's still down (well issues with it).. I think they don't work on weekend, so soon one week of downtime.

​Duh, they asked me the basic questions and so far it's still down (well issues with it).. I think they don't work on weekend, so soon one week of downtime.

​Your ticket is for an advanced feature/issue that is being addressed by our developers at this time, it will likely be Monday before your next reply though, as mentioned it's the weekend.

Thank you 

Cause it's entertaining LOL.  Seriously the IPS team does a good job but are job is to keep their feet on the ground.  This is a for profit company, not a non-profit that gives all their money away to save the whales or feed the children charities, so messing with a thank you thread just seems right.

This is a for profit company, not a non-profit that gives all their money away to save the whales or feed the children charities, so messing with a thank you thread just seems right.

I'm not sure why you think it "feels" right. For profit companies are also made up of actual human beings. These people are effected by how they are treated regardless of if the business is non-profit or for-profit. You cannot expect them to "deal with it" just because they want to make a living to survive in this world. Getting commendations boost morale, which can improve their performance. You may feel it's entertaining for you, to see commendation stomped on, but having been on the receiving end of this stuff I can tell you it wears thin real fast. There's nothing in this topic I'd view has "dissing" them, but in general its not a nice thing to do.

P.S: IPS supports charities, namely Autism Speaks.

I would like to take the time to thank the IPS team also. Every issue gets resolved in a timely manner. As I have said on other posts, if not for the support, I would not use IPB. The customer support is the MAIN reason I continue to use IPS. 

I know it is a hard job dealing with tickets and clients and I feel that IPS pulls it off good. They keep (in my experience) a clear head and remain professional no matter what the issue may be.

Keep up the good work IPS! :thumbsup:

Cause it's entertaining LOL.  Seriously the IPS team does a good job but are job is to keep their feet on the ground.  This is a for profit company, not a non-profit that gives all their money away to save the whales or feed the children charities, so messing with a thank you thread just seems right.

​What does that have to do with anything? The thread was about "Thanking IPS" not about if it is a non-profit or profit company. lol And they do support charities as one client already posted. Let me ask, is your website supporting charities (financially) with donations or are you just a free sprit website and a admin with nothing better to do then posting junk on the IPS forums?

I understand your desire to look like the smart and sensitive one, I get it, really.  If I have hurt your feelings, I am sorry.

Since this post is about thanking IPS for a great job, then thank you so much IPS support team!

The fact is I always am telling them they do a great job, but I am not afraid to let them know to step up their game, even in a thank you thread.  As for "posting junk" as you stated, I had no idea my words came through as being junk, I don't think they are junk.  I get paid very well to give my consults to companies, that has included fortune 500 companies.  But I am not hear to talk about me.  Not hear to talk about you, after all you are the one posting and attempting to cyber bully me a bit and belittle me, it's water off my back.  So have at it and keep at it if it makes you feel better.  I will post where I want and when I want, but I will be respectful as I have been in this thread, off topic, maybe a little but all in good fun.  You on the other hand have made assumptions about me that can only be construed as hateful, but I digress.

So thank you IPS, great company, great people and I have been a license holder since 2007 to prove it.

No, I was not trying to belittle you in the least bit and was not trying to appear as the sensitive one. If I came off that way my apologies.

What I don't understand is how you hurt my feelings. lol 

I haven't upgraded to 4.0, I never upgrade to major releases until it is a few versions down the line.

The reason is obvious, a new major release = more bugs = busier support team. My forum has ran IPB for 10 years as I posted above and I learned with other major releases, not to jump ship too soon.

So for those having delayed support for 4.0, you need to be lighter on them. It's a big deal. Be patient.

Archived