4.0.1!!!

WOFman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know why it would be the case as to why the update from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1 would remove my images from the resources folder (custom them, not default theme).

I have all my css edits within the custom.css file and my images have been added too resources folder but upon updating my images have now been stripped from the resources folder? It's basically broken our theme.

This has all been done without being in designers mode.

Anyone know why it would be the case as to why the update from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1 would remove my images from the resources folder (custom them, not default theme).

I have all my css edits within the custom.css file and my images have been added too resources folder but upon updating my images have now been stripped from the resources folder? It's basically broken our theme.

This has all been done without being in designers mode.

​It may be related to the same issue I had: http://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/rc6-custom-images-are-ignored-when-disabling-designers-mode-r4427/

I've put the images into the wrong folder - so once you turn off designers mode they are not synced into the theme.

You need to add them into the core folder.

So what's new? A change list would be great. Investigating and tracking down "fixed" bugs doesn't really seem practical for a new official release such as this. This approach feels like we are still in Beta as opposed to a full and official release.

Probably change log is huge to even share, I could be wrong too. :P

Miss the old IP.Tracker. That was one of the best non-commercial tracker, I have ever seen in last 10 years. Simple but effective and does the job well. 

In order to show of IP.Content they killed the IP.Tracker. This new tracker sucks compare to old one. 

• Management

So what's new? A change list would be great. Investigating and tracking down "fixed" bugs doesn't really seem practical for a new official release such as this. This approach feels like we are still in Beta as opposed to a full and official release.

​Bug fixes are all that's new.

• Management

Charles, possible to add functionality on current bug tracker like old IP.Tracker had? So that we can see what bugs are fixed in what version. Really miss the old tracker. :(

Would you not just follow the bugs that interest you to be notified when a bug is fixed?

Would you not just follow the bugs that interest you to be notified when a bug is fixed?

I do that often but with all the notifications which I get spammed from friends to followers, they often get missed. Also before in IP.Tracker, I used to generate list and easily find defects which I wanted to through CTRL + F. ​

I also used to check what bugs are still left as is and see if they impact our forums or not and then decide to upgrade or not.  Just adding one more option of version fixed in @filters would help. Just a suggestion if that's possible.

​I don't think it's clear enough. I may see a bug shown as fixed but I don't know for sure if it's fixed in the version I am downloading. You may have a bug marked as fixed which is fixed in 4.0.2 and I download 4.0.1 thinking it'll contain it.

It can't hurt for clients to know in which release an issue is fixed.

I think they will only make the official announcement when they have the documentation and a very stable version, and everything else ready.

In the meanwhile this soft release allowed them to solve bugs in a "controlable rate" as it is not supposed to have many. So when they make the announcement they have everything ok: product, documentation, etc.

Archived