IP.Gallery: Sub-Albums

jaeitee

There needs to be the ability to create Albums within Albums more than the current 2 levels deep.  When a Member has their own Gallery album they are unable to organise their photos within that Album.  This seems completely illogical when wanting to encourage the use of the Gallery, it's 2015 with options such as these pre-existing in offerings like Gallery2 for the better part of a decade now.

There needs to be the ability to create Albums within Albums more than the current 2 levels deep.  When a Member has their own Gallery album they are unable to organise their photos within that Album.  This seems completely illogical when wanting to encourage the use of the Gallery, it's 2015 with options such as these pre-existing in offerings like Gallery2 for the better part of a decade now.

​Albums are user-level organizational units, and generally speaking they do not need to be nested.  If I go to Facebook or Google Images (Picassa) for instance, you don't create sub albums.

You can create nested categories at the administrator level.

​Albums are user-level organizational units, and generally speaking they do not need to be nested. 

Perhaps you have no need for it, however it would make it far more attractive and usable tool members.

If I go to Facebook or Google Images (Picassa) for instance, you don't create sub albums.

If your whole objective is to develop a poor implementation of Facebook then just pull the IPS products from sale altogether, it'll be a quicker path to a self-fulfilling prophecy :thumbsup:  Here's a clear opportunity to improve the product and make it a far more versatile community tool than it currently is whilst making it at least somewhat competitive against the other products out there in its demographic, i.e. Gallery2.  

It does nothing to offer our membership the ability to create their own sub albums unfortunately.

​Albums are user-level organizational units, and generally speaking they do not need to be nested.  If I go to Facebook or Google Images (Picassa) for instance, you don't create sub albums.

​But IPB could support nested albums and let the Admin choose what that want no? Current your focusing it for us, why not allow us to choose what we want and just support the need for it? Where not looking at Facebook or Google Images for our websites. @bfarber

Archived