Community

What kind of Internet connection you have?

Internet Connection  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that in continental western Europe we are really blessed: there are extremely good and fast connections everywhere, at very affordable prices.

I've got a 200 Mbit connection, with 20 Mbit upload, which I always manage to achieve with relatively few hops, and I actually almost achieve those speeds on connections with my server in the USA as well (180 and 18 most of the time). It takes only a few minutes to download a 6GB db backup :).

I would love to have a similar fibre connection, however, with synchronous up- and download speeds :).

Kind regards, Wim

Ok, I tested different servers, in different countries :).

Here are the results. First one is Germany, 2nd one the Netherlands, where I live, and the last one is Belgium.

speed02.thumb.png.97809e9f7aef26e017e5d9

If I use my own proivider's speedtest, I consistently get around 10-11 ms ping times, well over 200 Mbps download, and around 21 Mbps upload. Since it would be obvious that one would get the fastest speeds with one's own provider, I tried a few others.

This for € 59 per month, unlimited internet access, including TV (over 100 stations), radio and telephone (free to other clients of this provider).

Kind regards, Wim ;)

Edited by wimg