Favourite Option for Posts

ABGenc

Ok, so what you're asking is essentially that they add a Likes tab to the profile view, so you can see what content someone has liked, just like on 3.4.7. :P I support that.

Here's it in 4.0: http://community.invisionpower.com/profile/203143-foreverpontiac/reputation/?type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1 

Need to click "See Reputation activity" which kind of hides it but the option is there. Can expand on that in a theme or however.

Completely agree to the point that it is a big list, a little hidden and not real clear once you do click it. I think that last part is due to being on IPS forum who has all the apps enabled, on a smaller forum like mine that only has Forums and Gallery I think it will become clear. The first issue of it being a big list is going to be quite common on large forums, it might be nice to be able to sort or group by, likes given and likes received but for how much I use it, 1 big list is fine. Lastly, I think what exactly you're looking for there are a bunch of innate capabilities in a browser to come back to content that you like and other ways to achieve this so 1. it's a bit of overkill to put this into the innate suite 2. like you said, the list of likes are there so digging deeper might not be needed by a large percent so why innately have it?

Just my thoughts :) Hope that helps.

Are you probably talking about a bookmark feature?

​A bookmark feature would be a good idea IMO, mostly for threads, though it would also be useful for particular posts in some cases. If you added something like that, it would mean that even if a thread is rarely or even never updated (so no follow notifications and it's never bumped), you would still be able to quickly go back to it.

Yes I was thinking that this request would more similar to a Bookmarking feature than a Likes list, where you save content for future reference.  

I wonder if the upcoming "Content Highlights"  in the IPS 4 Feature Plan can be expanded to allow user-defined content highlights ("My Favorites" "Pontiac Pointers" "Joel is Amazing").  That would provide an extensible enough system to encompass favorites / bookmarking.

Umm... ok, i could maybe see the point of a bookmark feature in the acp like there was in 3.4.x due to the unique admin session invalidating links.... but for the front end, isn't that what your browser bookmarks are for? Most web developers are not inclined to want or attempt to duplicate browser functionality in a web software. The browser can do far better a job due to being a native program than any web app could anyway.

Frontend not ACP. I don't want those bookmarks in my browser, I just want to mark something to read later or view later. You often switch to phone too. In IPS it stays with you.

I often follow topics with the "no notification" option, so it acts as a bookmark. I know I want to reference it later but don't need any notifications. But sometimes the info is in a post, not a topic.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived