Managing\Cleaning up Emoticons After 3.4.7 Upgrade

NoGi

Is there an easy way to manage emoticons in IPS4 via the ACP? Mine just looks like a huge mess at the moment and via the ACP I can only see the ability to delete one by one which will take some time. Don’t have access to sftp at the moment.

Seems like it can only be done one at a time via the ACP. It would be great if we could manage (e.g. remove) them in bulk.

​Bulk emoticon management well away way back in 3.1 or maybe earlier?  It's a pain to click each emoticon one by one.  It's certainly not publisher friendly at all.

Oh. I thought i messed my smilies up myself somehow :tongue:

I had two groups after the upgrade. The good one and another one from dont know where.

I deleted them directly in the database by their group name in the emoticon table. That worked quite well.

Deleting one by one in the admin CP would have made me mad with all the confirmations and scrolling.

If it's going to be easier for you, you can delete all the emoticons by going to your database finding the table "core_emoticons" and deleting all the rows in that table. Make sure you go to System > Files and click the "Remove Orphaned Files" button to delete the emoticon images since they will no longer be linked to any database entries. You will also need to delete store file for the emoticons which you can find in the "Datastore" folder named "emoticons.xxxx.ipstore".

If you had additional custom groups, you may also need to delete the addition language keys for those groups if you really want to clear it all out.

Good luck

Archived