Make my forum load faster?

OctoDev

Hello everyone.

I am currently hosting with RamNode, where I rent a DDoS-Filtered IP Address from "CNServers".

I'm using Pagespeed & Memcached, where pagespeed caches it all in memcached.

I am also using IP.Board & APC togheter (IP.Board 4.0 Gold btw)

Sometimes, the board index takes any where between 1-4 seconds to load the first byte, until it actually load some content on the site. I have no idea why, my friends forums loads within 200-300ms, and we're both using CloudFlare. Hes running IP.Board 3.4 though.

Any ideas what I can do to speed it up? I am caching 256MB of ram in Memcached & APC.. 

Server specs:
- 1024MB ram
- 4 Cores Intel E3 CPUs (3.3GHz+ per core)
- 75GB SSD

The server load is usually always at 0.01 or 0.00..

Forum, if anyone are interested to see them self: http://techpulse.io/ (I am using Chrome Console, network tab to see first result)

1gb ram? In my opinion, 2gb ram is Ok ;)

​In my opinion 2gb is too low. I run a dedicated server for a medium sized forum and have 4gb which I would say is only adequate. Most hosts these days offer 3 or 4gb as standard. My host gave me an extra gb when I drew to their attention that if I signed up as a new customer I would get more RAM than what I had as a current and long term customer. This is one reason why I'm in no rush to upgrade to IPB 4. I'm waiting for performance enhancements so that I don't have to upgrade my hardware as I did when they went from version 2 to 3.

Guys, i have wrote for topic startar and not for me :) I see his server has 1024mb ram. So 2gb ram can make faster his server...

Sorry for my bad english

And yes i have started from zero for my forum with cheapest server. Also my server is cheapest but 2gb ram from the company :p

Guys, i have wrote for topic startar and not for me :) I see his server has 1024mb ram. So 2gb ram can make faster his server...

Sorry for my bad english

And yes i have started from zero for my forum with cheapest server. Also my server is cheapest but 2gb ram from the company :P

​My server is using 450-500mb ram, so i don't need more :P 

Archived