Comments on Reviews?

MadMikeyB

Is there any chance we can have comments on reviews? I know it may seem like comments on comments, but it could make sense in the case of Commerce and Downloads.

User story (just for @Mark ):

Bob releases a file / store item, Sandra leaves a 3 star review which states they're not happy with the product / service provided. Bob wants to improve that 3 star review to a 5 star review, but Sandra has disabled PM's. Bob doesn't have Sandra's email address and no way to contact Sandra. Bob leaves a comment on Sandra's review to see how he can 'fix' the issue to lead to customer satisfaction.

:)

Couldn't Bob just mention Sandra in that situation, Mikey, the way you did Mark?

​TBH I hadn't thought of mentions in this scenario - however where would he mention her? A separate review on his own item (file / commerce item) or a completely new topic to highlight the negative review? (Assuming here there are no support topics etc, and it's a Commerce or Downloads only site)

I guess it’s not just about reaching Sandra, but to answer publicly, so anyone can see it. 
I guess it makes sense for the content creator and admins. (Not general members though)

​I agree that it could be considered quite niche at times, but it felt like something was missing when I came across this personally. Amazon has this for their reviews and IPS's review system is remarkably close to that one in terms of UX (that's a compliment btw, devs, not an accusation ;) ):

Contact_Juggling__Amazon.co.uk__James_Er

I couldn't agree more. I had a bad review on a product of mine from someone that is almost definitely experiencing issues with IPS4 and not my plugin. I have no way of replying and now my product appears broken to every single person that visits it and reads the reviews (which is most, I'm assuming).

I couldn't agree more. I had a bad review on a product of mine from someone that is almost definitely experiencing issues with IPS4 and not my plugin. I have no way of replying and now my product appears broken to every single person that visits it and reads the reviews (which is most, I'm assuming).

​This is exactly what spurred the idea, Tom. :)

Archived