Suggestion: Show all of a specific member's posts in a topic

Meddysong

I've just read the most recent post in a lengthy topic on another forum. It seemed really good but it was part of an ongoing story for that member and his life and I didn't have all the context. Much as I wanted to read everything he's written in order to get the backstory, I didn't feel like Ctrl+F-ing through dozens of his pages in that thread just to see whether he'd made a contribution on a particular page.

Might it not be worthwhile to incorporate some sort of functionality in a post or in search results to show all of the posts that "this member" has made in "this thread"?

Yeah, this would be useful. It could be implemented into search, which looks initially like it would support it, but it doesn't allow you to search just by author (you have to add a search term), and when you use the advanced search you can't search by topic. If you search the topic using the person's name, it returns all results that mention that person, but not posts by that person (so if I search "Meddysong" in this topic, it would return this post because I mentioned your name here, but not your post above).

Archived