Is there a Last Posts widget similar to Last Topics?

Ivo Pereira

Hello,

I'm looking for a totally layout-similar solution to the Last Topics widget. I know that I can use a customized post feed, however the layout does show the message, and I would like to just keep it simple showing just the subject, and last reply info, just like topics are being shown in "Last Topics" widget.

Any ideas how to achieve this?

Thanks!

… the layout does show the message, and I would like to just keep it simple showing just the subject, and last reply info, just like topics are being shown in "Last Topics" widget.

Any ideas how to achieve this?

​Yes, you open the theme’s template editor and go to Forum → Front → Widgets. 

There you can edit the post feed and topic feed widgets and strip out content you don’t need. 

Hello,

From here

I created the plugin.

Recent topics sorted by last post updated via ajax​

@newbie LAC as I've told you in the topic, I need to be able to display that in the center of the community, and I should be able to only display recent posts.

There you can edit the post feed and topic feed widgets and strip out content you don’t need. 

​Thanks a lot @Ralf H.

I guess I should go from there. I'll be trying to convert the posts widget to adopt the topics widget layout.

However, inside the $comment object, do you know anyway to get the topic associated with the comment itself? So I can get the topic information to show up along the last post date (basically that's just the unique reason why I want to just last posts instead of topics).

EDIT: I find out that I was able to achieve it using $comment->item(), so $topic = $comment->item().

However how can I select distinct topics sorted by last reply? Right now, I am able to select all the last replies, however I would like to display a topic only once.

Thanks!

​I am not seeing where you are talking about for: 

Forum → Front → Widgets.

• 3 months later...

However how can I select distinct topics sorted by last reply? Right now, I am able to select all the last replies, however I would like to display a topic only once.

I was just looking for the same thing.

As of 4.0.10, some widgets are merged and I am not happy with either Post Feed ( does not show when and by whom it is updated ) or Topic Feed ( the feed is filled by the same topic if there is a hot topic at that moment )

Besides that would be great if we could make a feed have a filter as "other than these forums" . On my site there is a forum where ppl introduce themselves and others welcome. I would like to keep this feed filtered so that only the remaining ones are displayed but at the moment the only way is to select the rest to filter this.

Any ideas or solutions are welcome.

@Ralf Herrmann , although they are not available as of 4.0.10, I still see featuredTopics and latestTopics widget codes under Forums->Front->Widgets . Can they be activated again and customised to serve the need above ?

Archived