Topic Thumbnail for IPS4.x

10 hours ago, onlyME said:

It's not a bug. From 1.1.13, all images from url will be uploaded and resized.

What I am saying is that while editing a topic/post, I cannot select which image I would like to use as the thumbnail.  I am only given that option when editing the thumbnail from the widget itself, and not when editing the topic/post

sorry those items are highlighted on my example, I was trying to show you all the choices each pull-down offers, and not any specific menu item

Edited by GoGators
1 minute ago, GoGators said:

What I am saying is that while editing a topic/post, I cannot select which image I would like to use as the thumbnail.  I am only given that option when editing the thumbnail from the widget itself, and not when editing the topic/post

Do you mean the selecting images from topic content? It only shows in the popup when clicking on thumbnails.

Screenshot_1.jpg

$options['tthumbnail'] = 'bim_tthumb_select';
$options['fromURL'] = 'bim_tthumb_fromURL';
$options['upload'] = 'bim_tthumb_upload';

How to set "bim_tthumb_select" a default in selct form? Currently "bim_tthumb_fromURL" is the default.

3 minutes ago, Namo said:

$options['tthumbnail'] = 'bim_tthumb_select';
$options['fromURL'] = 'bim_tthumb_fromURL';
$options['upload'] = 'bim_tthumb_upload';

How to set "bim_tthumb_select" a default in selct form? Currently "bim_tthumb_fromURL" is the default.

$bim['bim_tthumb_type'] = new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Select( 'bim_tthumb_type', $item->upload_thumbnail ? 'upload' : 'fromURL', FALSE, array( 'options' => $options, 'toggles' => $toggles ) );

Change to

$bim['bim_tthumb_type'] = new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Select( 'bim_tthumb_type', $item->upload_thumbnail ? 'upload' : 'tthumbnail', FALSE, array( 'options' => $options, 'toggles' => $toggles ) );

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Niall Shaw said:

Hi, just purchase the plugin - can't see any thumbnails anywhere.  I have reset my cache, and still no joy.

No options anywhere to add/change thumbnails either.

Hi,

Did you enable topic thumbnail and set permissions in ACP > plugins > Topic thumbnail ?

• 4 weeks later...

hi we installed this on forum that has just been upgraded to 4.x and think it was still going through the background rebuild

We now have lots of broken thumbails even though the background rebuild is complete

how do we refresh / rebuilt all the topic thumbnails so they show up ok?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

hi we installed this on forum that has just been upgraded to 4.x and think it was still going through the background rebuild

We now have lots of broken thumbails even though the background rebuild is complete

how do we refresh / rebuilt all the topic thumbnails so they show up ok?

Thanks

Hi, please give me ACP access so I can take a look.

1 minute ago, onlyME said:

Hi, please give me ACP access so I can take a look.

Hi,

Just realised i did not have your latest version installed which fixes bug - Fixed bug removed original images when rebuilding.

This might be it

What do I need to do I now have your lastest version installed?

4 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Just realised i did not have your latest version installed which fixes bug - Fixed bug removed original images when rebuilding.

This might be it

What do I need to do I now have your lastest version installed?

Try to run this sql query to clear all thumbnails

UPDATE forums_topics SET topic_thumbnail=null, upload_thumbnail=null;

The plugin will get the thumbnails from first images of topics.

• 2 weeks later...

I did remove this because I thought I had no issues, but when I add the widget to my homepage, the page no longer loads and instead gives a 50x error.

I did get a duplicate column error during install. :(

Edited by Prank
Fixed.
1 hour ago, Prank said:

I did remove this because I thought I had no issues, but when I add the widget to my homepage, the page no longer loads and instead gives a 50x error.

I did get a duplicate column error during install. :(

Hi,

Does it work now? If not, give me ACP access I will help you to install.