4.0 Announcement

kysil

I'm probably mis-remembering the actual details but in the past IPS let it roll unofficial for a bit - for this release that would be to 4.0.1 or later - before pushing out the public announcement. By just having the regulars using the 4.0 gold release if keeps things a little more manageable if any last-minute show stoppers or more annoying bugs crop up vs. everyone in the world using IPS reporting (complaining about...) the same bug.

An announcement isn't going to change the fact that it's already out. ;)

It was a soft launch, they are probably preparing the 4.0 documentation, converters, IPS pages, etc. and making sure everything is 4.0 relative. Then they will announce and market. 

The only issues I have had has been because of 3rd party apps not being compatible.

​From the tickets I have raised, it has been incompatible plugins. Removing one appears to have caused untold issues, my sites online again but topics cannot be accessed - all listed but just inacessible at the moment (from what I can tell so far, the removal of one plugin has caused the issue which appears to have broken the site).

​From the tickets I have raised, it has been incompatible plugins. Removing one appears to have caused untold issues, my sites online again but topics cannot be accessed - all listed but just inacessible at the moment (from what I can tell so far, the removal of one plugin has caused the issue which appears to have broken the site).

​Which plug-in? Maybe others can avoid the same issue.

Somehow can't reply in my plugin's thread (js issues with editor...) but I'd updated the plugin that was causing @craigf136 issues with topics after bringing his site back though it'd have nothing to do with the memcached issues. So the issue is resolved with that plugin as I started working on resolving as soon as I got his message.

---

I am having issues after disabling plugins. I have to reinstall to re-enable plugins for some odd reason.

​Which plug-in? Maybe others can avoid the same issue.

​At the moment, the issue seems to have occurred with the removal of Whatsapp plugin but that was not the cause of the memcached issue. However, @Gabrielle V. has updated the plugin for whatsapp so it shouldn't occur again.

I'll fault find until I find the relevant plugin that caused the issue on the test board and update.

Archived