Community

Adriano Faria

Guest View Limit on Databases Records

Hi @Adriano Faria - I have found the conflicting plugin and removed it thank you.

One slight issue - I have tested the plugin as a guest and it has locked me out as I would expect, the problem now is that when I sign in from the same IP I am still locked out as you can see in the screenshot - I am logged in and still can't access.

Snip20160228_10.thumb.png.056c40abd35cfb

13 hours ago, Police Community said:

One slight issue - I have tested the plugin as a guest and it has locked me out as I would expect, the problem now is that when I sign in from the same IP I am still locked out as you can see in the screenshot - I am logged in and still can't access.

What's New in Version 1.0.1:

• IPS 4.1 compatibility

@Adriano Faria thanks for another great application! 🙂

I could actually see this being used on a broader scale, not just for guests.  Have you thought about tailoring it to different user groups?  For example, guests get only X views of articles per day, but it would be great for some sites to allow, say, the Member group X views of VIP article database Y before being asked to upgrade their account to VIP, Donor, etc. etc.

This has a lot of potential I think.  Thanks again!

6 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

@Adriano Faria thanks for another great application! 🙂

I could actually see this being used on a broader scale, not just for guests.  Have you thought about tailoring it to different user groups?  For example, guests get only X views of articles per day, but it would be great for some sites to allow, say, the Member group X views of VIP article database Y before being asked to upgrade their account to VIP, Donor, etc. etc.

This has a lot of potential I think.  Thanks again!

I’ll give some thought to a new version. 👍