PLEASE add youtube and other media ability to GALLERY

chilihead

Yep, this would be perfect.

We were going to use Gallery for our Battlefield 4 gaming clan so we can show our battle exploits and stroke our e-peen, but without the ability to embed YouTube/Vimeo/Twitch it's a non-starter.

It's literally, and I'm using that word correctly in this sense, the only thing holding us back from using gallery.

Also right now you have the group setting: Can upload movies? 

Then there should also be a category setting (to allow images/videos or both) so we can separate photo and video galleries, and so members don't end up uploading images to a video gallery and vice versa, unless we want them to. And when video is enabled it allows links, and only uploads if the group setting is on.

Thanks

Could you do this with Pages and the Youtube Field? 

I'll try to make something with that tonight as an experiment and see how far I get.

​Yes of course you could, you can do pretty much anything in the databases, but this is a suggestion to have it as a feature in Gallery. You shouldn't have to buy a separate app, or build your own... plus I want this integrated with Gallery, it is a very robust Gallery with awesome features and navigation. But thanks! :)

​Yes of course you could, you can do pretty much anything in the databases, but this is a suggestion to have it as a feature in Gallery. You shouldn't have to buy a separate app, or build your own... plus I want this integrated with Gallery, it is a very robust Gallery with awesome features and navigation. But thanks! :)

​I agree.

However, there could be some advantages if some kind of a mod were made that utilized Pages. 

For example instead of categories in the gallery you could have separate databases with different widgets/blocks on each one depending on the topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived