IPContent as root homepage in 4.0

DesignzShop

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be resolved in 4.0.2.

​So, do I understand correctly that in 4.0.2 we will be able to have everything installed in something like www.mysite.com/forums/ but we will have an option to load pages (using some tunneling techniques I guess) in www.mysite.com/ ?  And the index page of the site can load from Pages like www.mysite.com/index.html, even though Pages is installed in www.mysite.com/forms/? 

Actually, I found the answers in the forum by myself.  See below:

Changes since 4.0.1

- Pages can now be run under your install directory

Tutorial: http://community.invisionpower.com/4docs/administration/pages/using-pages-under-your-community-root-r100/

I just updated my ticket 912352:

The script works fine, but is not the same as before in 3.x.

At this moment we can use Pages on our root directory if we have installed the Suite in a subfolder (like /community/). But we can not use Pages on www.domain.tld if we installed the Suite e.g. in community.domain.tld because we can not change the setting in the ACP to enable the gateway option (the suite detects that the suite is NOT installed in a subfolder).

Pages has an "Advanced Settings" button in ACP that brings up a switch and this label:

""Use a gateway under your suite root?
You can enable this if you have your suite installed in a sub directory but want Pages to appear as your website root.
More Information.""

But it's disabled if you have everything in the web root (as IPBSupport.de is describing):

Screen_Shot_2015-04-22_at_10.04.43_PM.th

Archived