[IPB 4.0RC] Installation Problems

MikuruX

Hello!

I'm currently having an issue with trying to do a clean install of 4.0RC. When ever I upload the files to my server and try to go to the install page, I get the following errors:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /hermes/bosnaweb05a/b2508/glo.hideki/forums/admin/install/index.php on line 13

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /hermes/bosnaweb05a/b2508/glo.hideki/forums/admin/install/index.php on line 13

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /hermes/bosnaweb05a/b2508/glo.hideki/forums/admin/install/index.php on line 13

On line 13 of index.php, I changed the "\" in the line to "/" and these errors don't show up but instead I get the following:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /hermes/bosnaweb05a/b2508/glo.hideki/forums/init.php on line 12

I've checked this out as well but now I'm stumped as to what it is that I have to do here:

<?php
/**
 * @brief		Initiates IPS Social Suite constants, autoloader and exception handler
 * @author		<a href='http://www.invisionpower.com'>Invision Power Services, Inc.</a>
 * @copyright	(c) 2001 - SVN_YYYY Invision Power Services, Inc.
 * @license		http://www.invisionpower.com/legal/standards/
 * @package		IPS Social Suite
 * @since		18 Feb 2013
 * @version		SVN_VERSION_NUMBER
 */

namespace IPS;

"namespace IPS;" is what is on line 12 of init.php. I have no idea as to what it is that I'm supposed to do here.

I haven't really had any issues doing installs like this since 3.0 was released so I kinda expected to be running into a similar issue when I decided to do a clean install of 4.0. Since my community was pretty dead to begin with, doing a clean install was not much a issue. Has anyone else ever ran into this issue and if so, how can I fix this?

Hello,

Are you running PHP >= 5.3.0? I think < 5.3

Use this

​My webhost (Globat) is using PHP version 5.3.13.

This is odd. On my host controlpanel, it's showing PHP version 5.3.13 but the script is saying it's not. I'll contact my host.

:: UPDATE::

Got in contact with my host and they upgraded the PHP to the most recent and now everything is working okay on my side. Had to change the things back to default on the index.php in the install folder. Everything checks out okay now.

Archived