RSS lists 25 topics instead of 5 after 4.0.0 upgrade

AL B

Because its been used in a PHP script to bring notifications into customers stores dashboards. The PHP code is hosted on thousands of stores globally and we don't have access to specify the number of entries. Since IPB 2 and IPB 3 its always been 5. IPB 4 is 25. Our customers stores now get a MASSIVE list of articles instead of just 5. I've hacked the code but I don't know how to clear the cache.. 

Because its been used in a PHP script to bring notifications into customers stores dashboards. The PHP code is hosted on thousands of stores globally and we don't have access to specify the number of entries. Since IPB 2 and IPB 3 its always been 5. IPB 4 is 25. Our customers stores now get a MASSIVE list of articles instead of just 5. I've hacked the code but I don't know how to clear the cache.. 

​The "fix" is on my post above.

​The "fix" is on my post above.

​Thanks for this but its not very clear.

"​It uses the default for node items ($table), which is 25 . To change the number of items on FORUMS app RSS, open..."

I fixed it myself by opening applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php

I changed:

$table->where[]	= array( 'forums_topics.moved_to IS NULL' );
				foreach ( $table->getRows( array() ) as $topic )
				{

if ( ! $topic->hidden() )
					{
						$document->addItem( $topic->title, $topic->url(), $topic->content(), \IPS\DateTime::ts( $topic->last_post ), $topic->tid );
					}
				}

To:

$i=1;
				{

{
						$document->addItem( $topic->title, $topic->url(), $topic->content(), \IPS\DateTime::ts( $topic->last_post ), $topic->tid );
					}
					if($i==5) break;
					$i++;
				}

Hacky.. but works... 

Infact I just improved it with;

$table->limit = 5;
{
	{
	}
}

Thanks for the pointers. :)

Archived