Do we need to duplicate location (and wasted space)

socceronly

I am curious if we need the current location represented to the user three times.   Forums, Forums and Forums

This also creates a bunch of wasted space.  I would rather see the large Forums removed and the Header and Block Title line upipb-2.thumb.jpg.d468b0ed3b3d68b631ad77aa

This  layout causes problems in other areas too.  In Articles the space is even more pronounced.

What if buttons like "Add New Article" and "Submit A File"  were moved into some kind of Tools Widget you could drop into the sidebar, or just put it into a drop down menu as it's taking up a lot of real estate for something you use less than you look at.

ipb-1.thumb.jpg.742127150fc414eb6e5a9e69

ipb-3.jpg

Each tell you yes where you are but each serves a specific purpose.

1. Is the navigation, tells the user they are already within this item and not to click it again
2. Breadcrumbs, tells the user exactly where they are in terms of pages within the website
3. Headline, mostly SEO purposed but introduces the page, topic, etc... to the user as well

Each tell you yes where you are but each serves a specific purpose.

1. Is the navigation, tells the user they are already within this item and not to click it again
2. Breadcrumbs, tells the user exactly where they are in terms of pages within the website
3. Headline, mostly SEO purposed but introduces the page, topic, etc... to the user as well

​Yes, this makes sense.  Probably a lot better when there is more content. 

It’s a reasonable default display. Anyone who doesn’t like it can change it through the theme templates/CSS. 

I see the purpose of it now, as per FP post above.

However, I think in keeping it the way it is, the layout issue with the trapped space is the real problem.  

Do you think it's even possible to line up the header and the top of the top block in the sidebar? 

Archived