database error

bouche

A user pointed out that trying to open a particular thread causes a database error.  The thread spans many years and has 236 pages so I'm wondering if that's related somehow.

This is my error.  I'm pretty new to Invision so I don't know if there are steps I can take to fix this.  Any maintenance tips?  Do I need support?

Driver Error.  There appears to be an error with the database.  If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again. 

driver-error.thumb.png.19e90fe824e7fa8af

A user pointed out that trying to open a particular thread causes a database error.  The thread spans many years and has 236 pages so I'm wondering if that's related somehow.

This is my error.  I'm pretty new to Invision so I don't know if there are steps I can take to fix this.  Any maintenance tips?  Do I need support?

Driver Error.  There appears to be an error with the database.  If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again. 

driver-error.thumb.png.19e90fe824e7fa8af

​.

This is a warning from your hosting .. nothing to do with IPS software I think, never seen before ..

Maybe your hosting database is not on the same server & create some lag/overload in between ..

send in a support ticket here for starters ..

Archived