what size header image in logo area

kar3n2

Hi

sorry couldn't delete this post.. I have finally managed to get the right size     1200 width :rofl:

I am trying to put a header image uploaded into where the logo should go. Can anybody tell me what size this should be please because I have tried many sizes and its either over to the left or to the right  http://www.outdoormuckers.co.uk/forum/

thanks if you can help

Karen

Hi

sorry couldn't delete this post.. I have finally managed to get the right size     1200 width :rofl:

I am trying to put a header image uploaded into where the logo should go. Can anybody tell me what size this should be please because I have tried many sizes and its either over to the left or to the right  http://www.outdoormuckers.co.uk/forum/

thanks if you can help

Karen

​It does appear to be the correct size for your site.  But did you try this on your smartphone?  I did and it's not responsive.  It is to large and extends off the page.  If anyone know the correct size they are not telling, as I had the same problem and tried mine on my smartphone and it extended of the page.  My question received zero response.

My understanding is that 4.0 is responsive.  It does not appear to be responsive to what you uploaded and neither is mine.  I ended up, making mine a little smaller so it looks okay on the smartphone and then blended my header colors to match my my logo colors.  But I have to admit it's not exactly how I wanted it.  

I never tried asking support.  They are always excellent with providing these type of answers.  I figured they are to to busy working on completing 4.0, and it's not that important to me right now.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but you might look to see how it looks on your smartphone.   

My understanding is that 4.0 is responsive.  It does not appear to be responsive to what you uploaded and neither is mine.  I ended up, making mine a little smaller so it looks okay on the smartphone and then blended my header colors to match my my logo colors.  But I have to admit it's not exactly how I wanted it.

​Karen's site isn't built on 4.0, Ric, so it's not going to be responsive.

I'm not sure why yours isn't responsive, though. I would've thought that the dimensions of #elLogo should adjust if they exceed the screen width. It might be worth raising as a bug. The worst that can happen is that it get marked as closed :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi to all

I shall soon be able to upgrade to 4.0 then...       at least my forum isn't active just yet as I want a new skin another customizations too.   but thanks for all the pointers .. responsive is definitely the way forward  :rofl:

Archived