Nexus Address Requirements

MSUKForum

In Nexus, it would be good to have an option on packages to "Ask for address" or not for none physical packages.

We have a subscription package, which we don't need the users address for, a simple add to basket and checkout using Paypal is all that is needed.

Since we have added merchandise, where we do require an address to ship products, the subscription package now requires an address for users to input despite been marked as none physical.

This is a deterrent for members who just want a fast, easy and private transaction.

Yup, I have spoken to IPS about this on length, they have not setup Nexus as a membership based app but rather an after thought, whether that is true, I am not 100% sure, I just know what it looks like.  However I vote for this too, allow the toggle to turn it on and off per group, or simply per "product", I use that word loosely because I offer membership, not a physical product.

Yup, I have spoken to IPS about this on length, they have not setup Nexus as a membership based app but rather an after thought, whether that is true, I am not 100% sure, I just know what it looks like.  However I vote for this too, allow the toggle to turn it on and off per group, or simply per "product", I use that word loosely because I offer membership, not a physical product.

​Yeah just a toggle per product to show address fields or not is as simple as it needs to be.

An address isn’t just for shipping. It’s also for identifying your contractual partner with which you doing business with when selling subscriptions. 
My tax office would never accept that I just received money from unidentifiable sources. I need a proper address of file and a proper invoice with that address. 

True Ralf but at the same time, Stripe does not require an address and there are plenty of sites I signed up for that did not require my address.  As for the accountants, they work for me and they accept what I give them or else...to the moon!

As for the accountants, they work for me and they accept what I give them or else...to the moon!

​I didn’t say accountants, but tax office. You know, those guys who have the power to take away almost all your money and possessions or even get you in jail for screwing things up badly … 

Did you have to go there, really, when I was trying to forget I just paid $$$ lol!  Those guys can really take the wind of out the sails pretty quick, in that case, ok I can agree with you.

Either way, yea if someone wants the service or membership they will be fine with a few extra fields, but in a dream world it would be...give me your money by just clicking this one button haha!  I guess the internet market inside me never sleeps.

But you can have a none-physical package setup and it won't require an address. It's only after you add a physical item and you set the fields as required, that it then shows the address fields on the none-physical package. So unless this is a 'bug' it can be done already.

And IPB should not decide if this should be a requirement of not. It should be our choice.

It's worth noting Nexus doesn't ask you for a shipping address unless you're buying a physical product. It always asks for a billing address though. The billing address is used to calculate the appropriate tax class, provide anti-fraud checks and is required by some gateways.

If none of these are required though (you don't use location-based tax classes, fraud checks and the gateways you use don't require it) I agree that a setting to take that step away is a good idea. I've thought the same thing myself actually.

It's worth noting Nexus doesn't ask you for a shipping address unless you're buying a physical product. It always asks for a billing address though. The billing address is used to calculate the appropriate tax class, provide anti-fraud checks and is required by some gateways.

If none of these are required though (you don't use location-based tax classes, fraud checks and the gateways you use don't require it) I agree that a setting to take that step away is a good idea. I've thought the same thing myself actually.

​Thank-you. PayPal doesn't require an address for verification/fraud and I've not got any tax classes set so should be all good.

Hopefully something you can put forward? :)

• 6 months later...

Archived