Community

Introducing ForumMob! - White label mobile apps for IPB

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most likely per domain. We will most definitely offer push notifications at launch. Sharing images via phone camera to forum posts is already supported.  We currently use our own custom

I'm afraid I agree with this too. The whole purpose...Rather interest that I have is an app that incorporates all of IPS apps. Basically, what works on the Desktop, should also work on the mobile

I'm happy to finally announce the (beta) launch of ForumMob! Welcome to Forum Mob, the white label mobile app solution for IPB forum owners. Get your forum up and running within minutes to promote yo

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Archimed said:

Yes if it doesn't work with Page, Blog, ... but just with Forums, no really interest :/

I'm afraid I agree with this too.

The whole purpose...Rather interest that I have is an app that incorporates all of IPS apps. Basically, what works on the Desktop, should also work on the mobile device.

I'm at the point that I'll pay very good money for such an app...And I suspect there are others who feel the same way as I do.

I will wait and see first. :) 

13 minutes ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

I'm afraid I agree with this too.

The whole purpose...Rather interest that I have is an app that incorporates all of IPS apps. Basically, what works on the Desktop, should also work on the mobile device.

I'm at the point that I'll pay very good money for such an app...And I suspect there are others who feel the same way as I do.

I will wait and see first. :) 

Further we go, closer the desktop / mobile ratio will be to 10% / 90% if it is not already the case.

If a mobile application, white label, is available for the entire IPS suite, we will all be ready to put a purse of purple notes (euros power).

It will be necessary that this application is configurable so much that one can buy the source code to publish it in the various AppStore / AndroidMarket of the world.

It will therefore be necessary to have a publisher account on these stores.

But above all it will be necessary that the application covers all the functionalities available on the desktop version.

But, it's not for tomorrow, we have time to save some purples

On 1/7/2018 at 12:03 PM, BariatricPal said:

1. I haven't given thought to price yet. It will be in the same ballpark as them, yes.

2) To start we will only support forums. If there's enough interest, we will support the other applications.

+1 here for other apps as well.  Forums, Articles (Databases), Blogs, Events (with iCal integration to the users mobile calendar or something similar), Galleries would be a great start.  Other apps as well would be helpful as time progresses..

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2018 at 3:01 AM, Gowtham said:

Any update on when can get a demo version?

I have cancelled my tapatalk subscription due to unending issues.

You can join our iOS beta by completing https://bariatricpal.typeform.com/to/OOAuKz . This version is just for our own community but will give you a better idea of what we're working on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I launched an iOS and Android app for my community successfully. We're actively updating and improving the app. I'm glad to be off Tapatalk. We're rolling out a major new release in a few weeks with improvements to the UI with many additional features. 

I had numerous private conversations with members and came to the realization - it's not worth my time, effort and money to offer it as a white label service. Members of this community expect so much for zero or next to nothing. It's honestly a sad situation. I understand that forums are a hobby and not a money maker for most members. I guess that's why there are so few quality developers contributing quality apps and mods to the marketplace. I might change my mind one day but for now, consider this project canceled.

Edited by BariatricPal
2 hours ago, BariatricPal said:

I launched an iOS and Android app for my community successfully. We're actively updating and improving the app. I'm glad to be off Tapatalk. We're rolling out a major new release in a few weeks with improvements to the UI with many additional features. 

I had numerous private conversations with members and came to the realization - it's not worth my time, effort and money to offer it as a white label service. Members of this community expect so much for zero or next to nothing. It's honestly a sad situation. I understand that forums are a hobby and not a money maker for most members. I guess that's why there are so few quality developers contributing quality apps and mods to the marketplace. I might change my mind one day but for now, consider this project canceled.

The news now cancelled this project has not surprised me.

Me and some other showed interest in this more than a year ago and we were never in touch with you. In my personal case, Ill run a business forum, not a hobby one

Anyway, your lack of communication and failures to deliver your own deadlines tells a lot about all this business

Edited by SammyS