Community

BariatricPal

Introducing ForumMob! - White label mobile apps for IPB

How do you integrate push notifications? I would love to have a simple webview app that basically shows the browser version of our forum in an app but includes push notifications

20 hours ago, ZatroX said:

Bruhhh its been like 2 years...

I announced a long time ago that we decided to put the ForumMob project on hold, indefinitely.

We're currently working on apps for our own private community and might consider releasing them to the public once we are ready.

If creating native iOS and Android apps for IPB were that simple, I can assure you that IPB or other companies would be offering them by now. The only player in this arena that's survived is Tapatalk. IPB's own apps died off years ago.

20 hours ago, FGN said:

it looks like it's being used just for them???

even after years of it not being ready...they are using it??? 

lol lol lol lol

It's snarky and childish comments like these that have caused many IPB users to stay away from this community. Grow up

just getting a response, and glad to see that your still considering it for use of the public

trust me, i'm all grown up and by the looks of the member count and posts...it looks like thousands still come on here no matter the posts or comments

but thanks for responding, and no matter what i will always be on the lookout for when your app releases to the public :thumbsup:

Count me in as interested! If you guys invested a bit of money into developing it, I'm sure many of us would all be all too happy to help you recoup some of your investment. Tapatalk is terrible, and although I pay them a $10/month fee I'd gladly pay a bit more for something I can put a logo on and customize a tiny bit and use it with my site(s). My users realllllly want push notifications for everything, and well native app funcationality.

If you could find a way to automate the process a bit like Tapatalk does (provide a place to provide basic logos, navigation selection, etc..) you would have a winner. Issue will be publishing I think, so you would either need to publish directly to folks app store developer accounts or allow people to compile the app themselves. The later isn't as cool for you unless you wanted to do a community release, but either way I'd still pay a monthly fee just to get this in my user's hands.

Im really interested, but we can`t wait forever. Moreover, without knowing the factors that will decide whether you are interested or not

We have discussed pricing here, and there`s a long list of people willing in paying for this software

On 20/8/2017 at 2:08 PM, BariatricPal said:

We're currently working on apps for our own private community and might consider releasing them to the public once we are ready.

What can we do? Maybe create a list of those who are interested, so you know if the demand justifies it or not

No doubts we´d like you to release it for us, as jmw253 said. Anyway, if you´re not interested in this I dont see any reason to left this thread open

Edited by SammyS

1 hour ago, SammyS said:

Im really interested, but we can`t wait forever. Moreover, without knowing the factors that will decide whether you are interested or not

We have discussed pricing here, and there`s a long list of people willing in paying for this software

What can we do? Maybe create a list of those who are interested, so you know if the demand justifies it or not?

No doubts we´d like you to release it for us, as jmw253 said. Anyway, if you´re not interested in this I dont see any reason to left this thread open

Indeed. More or less knowing what would appease you to open it up to more people. An option could be that you allow folks to license the code for a moderate yet affordable sum (somewhere between $250-$1,000) with the agreement that it can't be resold of course.That would allow others to be able to work with the code a bit to suit their communities and also allows the core development investments on your end to be recouped. Maybe charge for feature of the IPS Suite as well (such as Pages being annoying and costly as you said, but you could charge a premium to someone if they wanted that). Personally I would be after Forums, Clubs, Gallery, and Calendar. Short of a open sourced community release, making others bring big money to the table to play would be the next best thing.

Technically the prior is easier vs having to jocky multiple customized deployments and versions of the same app (not sure if you're equipped to handle that type of business model).

Another option is just white label it as a general IPB forum app on the store and integrate some form of encrypted license/whitelist check either in the app or server-side for the site(s) that people try to connect to with the app. Charge a modest $10/month fee, and you'll probably have quite the nice little monthly income. Issue with that is that people will depend on you for licencing and proper updates that don't break things.

Either way some money vs no money is good right? I've honestly been shopping around and looking at development quotes to get a similar solution developed. I rather give money to someone who already developed a solution rather than duplicate work. It's a win for both parties that way. :) 

Edited by jmw253

On 6/10/2017 at 3:34 AM, gavpedz said:

How do you integrate push notifications? I would love to have a simple webview app that basically shows the browser version of our forum in an app but includes push notifications

This is what I have been doing....

We need special theme without header and footers....that get activated in the mobile app session and decativated again when the user browses from simplew mpbile browser / desktop browser

10 minutes ago, BariatricPal said:

We're about a week or two away from releasing our own private beta for our site users. I'll post here once there's something available to download.

Exciting news - Any ideas on what the cost will be now you have moved forward?

Thanks

10 hours ago, BariatricPal said:

week or two away from releasing our own private beta for our site users.

That is fantastic news.
Count down begins. Thank you for the update. 

On 11/13/2017 at 2:44 PM, BariatricPal said:

We're about a week or two away from releasing our own private beta for our site users. I'll post here once there's something available to download.

I'm mainly responding to this so that I can get notifications of comments on this discussion.

We have a forum that has had tens of thousands of members over the last 15 years who have been asking for years for a mobile app. We would definitely be wiling to buy into this.

I'm in total support for an IPS mobile app.

I'm more than willing to pay for a complete mobile solution that supports IPS functions and features. An app that I can customize, is simple to use, and has push notifications.

Edited by GrooveOnBeat