Something Went Wrong EX2 Error

Wayne B

Hi

On my dev board which is running RC7 when posting I get an EX2 error if replying to a topic that already exists. If I create a new topic it posts fine. In addition some topics don't cause the issue.

I have been through the support - it has corrected a few database errors, cleared the cache and removed whitespace from a couple of files but still the issue persists.

Any thoughts or help?

Thanks

That's great @Lindy thank you.

FYI - I also get this Fatal Error appearing under the something went wrong issue outside of the div tag (I have entered phoney email settings to prevent emails being sent from my dev board) just not sure it should display an error.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'fputs() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given' in /home/polcom/public_html/dev/system/Email/Outgoing/Smtp.php:142 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'fputs() expects...', '/home/polcom/pu...', 142, Array) #1 /home/polcom/public_html/dev/system/Email/Outgoing/Smtp.php(142): fputs(false, 'quit??') #2 /home/polcom/public_html/dev/system/Email/Outgoing/Smtp.php(50): IPS\Email\Outgoing\_SMTP->_sendCommand('quit') #3 [internal function]: IPS\Email\Outgoing\_SMTP->__destruct() #4 {main} thrown in /home/polcom/public_html/dev/system/Email/Outgoing/Smtp.php on line 142

Snip20150330_5.thumb.png.da7d624330ae4ac

​No, however that has been fixed as well.

​I have had problems with:

1. The same issue this topic was related to
  2. Icons missing from the theme for messages on the home screen (not real sure about any other screen)
  3. Unable to access the Control Panel (site/admin) Error Code: EX2
  4. 3rd party plugins failed to be detected

Item 2 was a 3rd party Clean Cut theme. Stock theme is great. All issues seems to be resolved.

Archived