Jump to content

Community

Kevin Carwile

IPS Rules Application

Recommended Posts

And also, would you be able to add an Action for "When award is given/received" or something along those lines. The intent of my request is to award points/send notifications/etc for when a user receives an award.

 

To anyone: Is there a workaround any of you have in mind? There is a condition that can check to see if a member has an award...but what rule would I use? What other condition(s) would I have to use to make this workaround work?

I've been trying to engineer a way for this to happen for about 30 minutes...I'm getting nothing lol. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fighting 13th said:

I'm guessing it's true, but if I upgrade from the Lite to Full, I won't lose my rules I've built right?

No, you wont lose any rules.

21 hours ago, Fighting 13th said:

And also, would you be able to add an Action for "When award is given/received" or something along those lines. The intent of my request is to award points/send notifications/etc for when a user receives an award.

 

To anyone: Is there a workaround any of you have in mind? There is a condition that can check to see if a member has an award...but what rule would I use? What other condition(s) would I have to use to make this workaround work?

I've been trying to engineer a way for this to happen for about 30 minutes...I'm getting nothing lol. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

That would be an event that needs to be included by the awards app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see. I'll have to talk to him about it.

 

Also, I was revisiting one of the first issues I was having:

On 8/9/2018 at 3:42 PM, Kevin Carwile said:

Nope. Sorry. It will require a new version build to be released (unknown timeframe).

Well then I would question the event which you are creating the rule under. The event is going to determine what data is available. If it is the content approved event provided by rules, then the content item should be an event argument and the content author can be derived from that. If it is another event provided by the application plugin, then without the actual application as one of the event arguments, there is no way to know who the author of the application is if the rule doesn't even have access the application which has been approved.

The event I had this under was the "Application Submission Approved" event. So, if I have this straight (from the more recent issue/question I had), this is something that has to do with the "Application Form" app itself? --the fact that I don't have a "Content/Application author" option available to me in the action portion of this event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2018 at 4:03 PM, Kevin Carwile said:

If you want to use posting as a trigger, then you can do that also. That's the beauty of rules. Pick the best solution for you.

Where/how would I do that?

Could I have two actions - logging in OR creating a post - delay the action?

I have the emails going out after two months, but I'll go a year or more sometimes between logging in. I don't ask members to log in very often, and "remember me" truly does remember them for a loooooong time. 🙂

So, basically, how would I create a Rule that delays the email every time they post? (Ideally keeping the current "when the user logs in" behavior, too.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kevin Carwile, I think I've done it. I created a new rule in the Rule Set, and triggered it when "any content has been created."

Then in the Rule Actions, I changed "member:name" and "member:id" to "content:author:name" and "content:author:id" in the new rule. The Unique Scheduling Keyphrase should be the same, so hopefully that also delays the action.

The Subject and the Email Message are the same, too (except the member:name stuff swapped out for content:author:name).

That should do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

That sounds like it will work more reliably for you than the "logged in" event. It just requires that a member make a post.

My question is: I can have BOTH going, right? Since they have the same unique ID, whether they log in OR post, it'll push the notification back two months, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fighting 13th said:

Why aren't the Rules App and its extensions available for purchase at the moment?

My guess is IPS is reviewing the app and a lot more apps cause it is not the only one not available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are looking into this.

On 11/12/2018 at 3:33 PM, iacas said:

My question is: I can have BOTH going, right? Since they have the same unique ID, whether they log in OR post, it'll push the notification back two months, right?

Correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 2:51 PM, Fighting 13th said:

Why aren't the Rules App and its extensions available for purchase at the moment?

Is this still the case? I can't verify with my account since I own the resource, and I don't have another account with a valid IPS license to be able to log into. So I cannot tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 7:31 PM, Steph40 said:

My guess is IPS is reviewing the app and a lot more apps cause it is not the only one not available. 

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm guessing it was the case. I'm not familiar with IPS's file review process for files already in place. Had me worried for a second as I was basically just a few hours off between buying it and the file not being available! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought the Calendar Expansion Pack for Rules and I've been messing around with it. I'm trying to incentivize activity (events--actually attending them). I have the Calendar Enhancements app which allows me to have my event hosts manage their attendees (we have a problem with people RSVPing 'yes' for an event and not showing up) and I'm (trying) to use the Calendar Rules Expansion pack to engineer a system where AFTER the event (which would be accounted for by mods locking the event or doing something else to an event) has taken place, points/custom data (# of Events Attended field, etc) will be awarded to all attendees.

 

I can't do that because the expansion pack actions (well the source portion, i.e.: "Member who RSVP'd 'yes' to the event") only work with the expansion pack events (I probably should have known that, oh well). Is there any other way you can think of to make this work? Or is there any chance those actions would be able to be updated into the rules/calendar rules expansion pack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 3:02 PM, Fighting 13th said:

I can't do that because the expansion pack actions (well the source portion, i.e.: "Member who RSVP'd 'yes' to the event") only work with the expansion pack events (I probably should have known that, oh well). Is there any other way you can think of to make this work? Or is there any chance those actions would be able to be updated into the rules/calendar rules expansion pack?

It sounds like you want to use an event for when the event is locked as you said instead of the member RSVP'ing for the event. But even so, in order to operate on all of the members that attended the event, you'll need a custom php code action to do whatever it is that you want to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 4:36 PM, Kevin Carwile said:

It sounds like you want to use an event for when the event is locked as you said instead of the member RSVP'ing for the event. But even so, in order to operate on all of the members that attended the event, you'll need a custom php code action to do whatever it is that you want to do.

How simple (or not simple) of a custom php code action might that be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if anyone would be able to help me, but I'm trying to set up rules that grant an award based on how much reputation a member has.  I may be overlooking something simple, but I've tried it a few ways and it won't trigger.

For example, this award should be sent to anyone who receives 100 points of reputation or more.

Rule Triggered When: Member receives reputation points
Condition: Member Attribute Value / Reputation level, more than, 99 / Member to check: Member that received the reputation
Action: Give an award to member / At the end of the event / To: Member that received the reputation

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alismora said:

Rule Triggered When: Member receives reputation points

This has been broken with the reaction system. I believe it is not currently possible to check for events related to reputation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Alismora said:

Não sei se alguém poderia me ajudar, mas estou tentando estabelecer regras que concedam um prêmio com base na reputação que um membro tem. Eu posso estar negligenciando algo simples, mas eu tentei de algumas maneiras e isso não será acionado.

Por exemplo, este prêmio deve ser enviado para qualquer pessoa que receba 100 pontos de reputação ou mais.

Regra desencadeada Quando: Membro recebe pontos de reputação
Condição: Membro Atributo Valor / Nível de reputação, mais de 99 / Membro a verificar: Membro que recebeu a reputação
Ação: Dê um prêmio ao membro / No final do evento / Para: Membro que recebeu a reputação

 

I have been asking for a solution to this problem for a long time. Unfortunately @Kevin Carwile apps then abandoned :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some possible feature additions for @Kevin Carwile

Custom data fields:

- Ability to create data field groups, and have them appear under that heading when a new object of that type is created (eg. all custom profile fields for a member object relating to Interests would appear under that "Interests" header when entering profile field information)

- Ability to choose member groups that can fill out particular fields, and what member groups those fields will display for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mousie said:

- Ability to choose member groups that can fill out particular fields, and what member groups those fields will display for.

This should already be possible using the permissions on the custom data field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...