Jump to content

Community

Kevin Carwile

IPS Rules Application

Recommended Posts

@Kevin Carwile I'm seeing re-engagement emails being sent out to people who logged in as recently as the day before. I posted on your site ten days ago but haven't gotten a response.

https://ipsguru.net/forums/topic/858-member-re-engagement-emails-going-to-active-members

Any idea why the emails aren't being pushed back another two months when a user has been active on the site? Does it require an actual sign-in? Does the user have to POST something?

Edited by iacas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to make sure that the action being scheduled for the follow up email has a "scheduling keyphrase" on it. If not, then the action will not be re-scheduled, it will have multiple occurances of the scheduled action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kevin Carwile said:

You need to make sure that the action being scheduled for the follow up email has a "scheduling keyphrase" on it. If not, then the action will not be re-scheduled, it will have multiple occurances of the scheduled action.

It does, as the post on your forum shows.

Screen%20Shot%202018-07-15%20at%208.44.1

You advised to use the member ID as the unique key phrase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, then when you say they "logged in" as recently as yesterday... do you mean they visited the site, or they actually logged in using username and password? Because the "User has logged in" event which triggers the email to be rescheduled only occurs when they actually log in via the login form. That could be part of the problem if you have a very long session timeout on your server.

You can also turn the debugging option on for the rule and make sure that it is operating without error and actually rescheduling the follow up action for users when they do log in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

Ok, then when you say they "logged in" as recently as yesterday... do you mean they visited the site, or they actually logged in using username and password? Because the "User has logged in" event which triggers the email to be rescheduled only occurs when they actually log in via the login form. That could be part of the problem if you have a very long session timeout on your server.

Well that's probably it.

Perhaps I'll look into changing it to when a user posts or something. Or is there a better way to do it so that current, active, logged in members don't get puzzling emails about how we miss them one day after they make 15 posts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your session timeout is 30 days, and you want to ensure at least 30 days since the member has last logged in, then you set the scheduled follow up action for 60 days in the future. This ensures that the minimum amount of time since a user has last logged in is at least 30 days and at most 60.

If you want to use posting as a trigger, then you can do that also. That's the beauty of rules. Pick the best solution for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I have installed rules lite app and imported the iawards rules that come in his expansion pack

The rules task is running every minute however nobody who has more than the 50 piecies of content are getting an award

My account has more than 50 topics and when I created a new one yesterday I didn't get an award.

What could be wrong?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is a rule in particular that you are wanting to troubleshoot, edit the rule and turn the debug option on for it. Then you can perform the action again which you expect the rule to apply to and check the debug log to see if it contains an error or if it did not meet its conditions or if it even ran at all.

That would be what I would start with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

I'm trying to do the following:

 

When: Application submission approved

If: empty

Action: Notify applicant with a "Welcome Message," and Award applicant a welcome award.

 

Setting it up the first time, it gave me the award and welcome message...I know why now, but I don't know how I can make it so the applicant gets these messages/awards.

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks!

 

Ryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

What is an application submission and how does it get approved?

 

 

It's one of the apps integrated into the rules application. They get approved through the moderator queue/admin panel.

 

I'm guessing some sort of php code is needed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving this application. So many useful things you can do with it. :cool

One very quick question.  When I add tags to  a post using a rule, it removes the post prefix, (although leaves other tags in place). Is there a workaround for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fighting 13th You may have a wrong setting selecting in your rule configuration. It's hard to say. But maybe you selected the wrong option for the user to grant the award to. It should be the application author and not the currently logged in user.

@christopher-w Are you using the 'set tags explicitly' option on the rule action or are you using 'add tags'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kevin Carwile said:

Are you using the 'set tags explicitly' option on the rule action or are you using 'add tags'?

I tried both ways Kevin.

Edit. Using Lite btw, let me know if I need to upgrade.

Chris

 

Edited by christopher-w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

@Fighting 13th You may have a wrong setting selecting in your rule configuration. It's hard to say. But maybe you selected the wrong option for the user to grant the award to. It should be the application author and not the currently logged in user.

 

I don't see any option like "application author." This is all I see:

rulesapp.png.db1ab97b593fa803e57d8fe8edef0cda.png

Edited by Fighting 13th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2018 at 8:57 AM, christopher-w said:

@Kevin Carwile

I'm running in the IPS cloud. Can I patch there?

Nope. Sorry. It will require a new version build to be released (unknown timeframe).

22 hours ago, Fighting 13th said:

I don't see any option like "application author." This is all I see:

rulesapp.png.db1ab97b593fa803e57d8fe8edef0cda.png

Well then I would question the event which you are creating the rule under. The event is going to determine what data is available. If it is the content approved event provided by rules, then the content item should be an event argument and the content author can be derived from that. If it is another event provided by the application plugin, then without the actual application as one of the event arguments, there is no way to know who the author of the application is if the rule doesn't even have access the application which has been approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2018 at 4:57 PM, christopher-w said:

@Kevin Carwile

I'm running in the IPS cloud. Can I patch there?

 

On 8/9/2018 at 8:42 PM, Kevin Carwile said:

Nope. Sorry. It will require a new version build to be released (unknown timeframe).

 

Understood. I'll upgrade to the pro version for my sites as soon as it's updated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 8:42 PM, Kevin Carwile said:

Nope. Sorry. It will require a new version build to be released (unknown timeframe).

A quick FYI. 1.4.4 does not fix the prefix problem. I've tried various timings, immediately, after page load, 1 minute after etc. And in each case prefix is removed when a tag is added using a rule.

 

image.thumb.png.a41a5e75d7648d40b415324f58efbac9.png

Edited by christopher-w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 3:42 PM, Kevin Carwile said:

 

Well then I would question the event which you are creating the rule under. The event is going to determine what data is available. If it is the content approved event provided by rules, then the content item should be an event argument and the content author can be derived from that. If it is another event provided by the application plugin, then without the actual application as one of the event arguments, there is no way to know who the author of the application is if the rule doesn't even have access the application which has been approved.

I got it working through a sort of work-around ? (Using the topic being accepted/not accepted as the event trigger).

 

I have another rule I'm working on....would it be possible with this app to notify members the day of/day before a Calendar Event about the event itself? I was looking at conditions for an "Event was created" trigger and the best thing I saw was that you could do a "compare dates" condition and compare the current time to some aspect about the event--whether it's creation date/update date/last post date.

 

There's nothing I can find in any of the triggers or conditions about the event taking place/finishing itself....am I missing something or is this correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2018 at 12:20 PM, Fighting 13th said:

I have another rule I'm working on....would it be possible with this app to notify members the day of/day before a Calendar Event about the event itself? I was looking at conditions for an "Event was created" trigger and the best thing I saw was that you could do a "compare dates" condition and compare the current time to some aspect about the event--whether it's creation date/update date/last post date.

You could dig into the IPS\calendar\Event object class to see what kind of methods you could use to retrieve a usable date within your rules.

I found this one with a quick look over:

	/**
	 * Find the next occurrence of an event starting from a specified start point
	 *
	 * @param	\IPS\calendar\Date		$date		Date to start from
	 * @param	string					$type		Type of date to check against (startDate or endDate)
	 * @return	\IPS\calendar\Date|NULL
	 */
	public function nextOccurrence( $date, $type='startDate' )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...