Enhanced Joined Date

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adriano doesn't have this plugin anymore; instead I do, so I'm not surprised he didn't respond to anything in here or PMs on the matter.

Got a PM this morning about this, which is the first time I've heard it wasn't working. I thought this was an unsupported plugin but I guess Adriano had made a support topic for it and I just never saw it.

Anyways, took two seconds to patch (the hook point in the template changed with 4.2) but I'm getting some coffee and seeing if I can add/change a few things first. My communities usually ran with "Joined: Month Year" to keep it readable and simple so I'm going to try and match that now as another option. Some other stuff too.

Edited by All Astronauts
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

php 7.2 not in cloud, don't worry I am away on holiday from tomorrow and will take another look when back

uninstalled and reinstalled with new one, all options work and show correct except for the one I am trying to use "joined month year",  if I switch to regular option the date is correct. switch back it goes to January 1970

thanks for your time

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @All Astronauts we are running on PHP 7.2. We are running on the UK locale - maybe that's causing an issue?

We only see the January 1970 issue when we use 'Joined Month Year' - if we change to another view the dates show fine. Someone suggested it seems to be mixing up the month and the day of the month? I think maybe it's the UK locale thing in the IPB settings? Can you try and replicate?

Also any more news on the shortened month format, so 'Jan' instead of 'January'? That would help keep the profile bit neat and short. 

41 minutes ago, NeedCoffee said:

Also any more news on the shortened month format, so 'Jan' instead of 'January'?

I actually scrolled up and saw that, was implementing as you responded.

I pulled a function call out that I can't off-hand see what the utility was for that was part of the Joined Month Year option as well. Give the new version a try and let me know if that fixes things. It won't. Give me two shakes...

Ok, NOW download version 5. Just overwrote the one already there, no need for a 5.1 yet.

Edited by All Astronauts
21 hours ago, NeedCoffee said:

Hi @All Astronauts, we're having an issue similar to @bearback where using the "Joined Month Year" setting is showing as January 1970 for most users. Was a fix for this identified or do we need to go back to using the default setting?

I must admit I forgot all about this plugin, just reinstalled and is showing correct joined date using month and year.  I am using v4.3.6  PHP 7.2 Uk  if that's any help.

The addition of the shortened month is a great new feature, Thank you