Your number one reason for using IPB vs competition?

SJ77

• Management
21 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

someone actually made the comment that IPB was inferior because it "wasn't a finished product"

The day we "finish" is the day we die. There is always something to improve on, add to, or a whole new concept to introduce. I often remind people that v3 looks dated on today's web because it is dated. Version 3 was started before the iPhone existed or Twitter and Facebook were everywhere. Hanging on to old concepts is comfortable but also self-defeating. You have to keep moving forward and that's what we always do.

( Why not pin this thread? )
To answer the original question, it just looks better to my eye than most other forum software I've seen.
The customizability offered by user-built plugins, the fact that the more useful ones are incorporated into the official builds,
the level of interaction between the software providers and customers (tech support and this forum), all go to show the ongoing effort
being put into making it better.

Just now, Koper74 said:

Pages for us. It's a powerful tool for building / integrating applications for workflow and knowldege management in our company...

Can you show us how do you use it? (Im looking some good ideas to apply)

Archived