Something missing (overlooked?) in My Activity

chilihead

In My Activity (Content), in 3.4, if I got to Topics it shows my activity in topics I created and others' topics. In 4.0 it just lists my topics. So how do we find topics we posted in??

Viewing by post is not effective, you may have posted 30 times in a topic so you'll see 30 listings instead of one (the topic), and it makes finding topics hard.

I can see why you may have removed it in Topics, if you just want to list our own, but then please let us "view" the posts "as topics."

This is vital. I believe it may have been overlooked. Thanks!

Topics you have posted in have a star in topic view.

Screen_Shot_2015-03-17_at_7.32.42_PM.thu

This one is greyed out because I have read all the posts in the topic, if there were new unread posts it would be in full color.

I think there is no way to see them listed in activity the way you want. Personally, I don't see the point in showing them in activity if they are already visible in topic view.

It was removed from 3.4.

My Content >> Topics (Topics and Posts selected)

Shows ALL topics I posted in, not just ones I started. I rely on this function. You also had the option to select Only Topics or Only Posts.

In 4.0 there is only Topics, and it acts like Only Topics. No other option.

To show the posts in a list of topics, not posts. If you have 30 posts in a topic, I want to see it listed once, as the topic, not 30 listings as posts. Makes it impossible to find my content.

3.4 does this with the Topics and Posts function. 

To show the posts in a list of topics, not posts. If you have 30 posts in a topic, I want to see it listed once, as the topic, not 30 listings as posts. Makes it impossible to find my content.

3.4 does this with the Topics and Posts function. 

I see no difference between 3.4 and 4. They both sort posts by topics. If you want to see your topics, click topics.

That is topics I created only.

In 3.4 you can view the topics you posted in in the same list, by choosing Topics and Posts. ;)

​Nope, I only get topics I created in 3.4 AND 4. 

That is the whole point of looking at YOUR activity, to see the things you did ;) . There wouldn't be a segment of "posts" and "topics" if they didn't separate a view. It would be completely pointless to show the same thing in two areas.

in 3.4...

Go to the top right menu and select My Content. On the left side menu choose Forums at top, Topics and Posts at bottom.

OR go to your profile page. On the right, click Find Content. On the left side menu choose Forums at top, Topics and Posts at bottom.

;)

Huh, guess you learn something new every day. Thanks for pointing that out better ;) 

Thought you were talking about the Topics/Posts in the profile. That third view is missing in IPS4, or I have yet to find it. Question though would be, how many use it?

Archived